Penguins vs Rangers Predictions & Best Bets
The Pittsburgh Penguins are traveling to play the New York Rangers at the Madison Square Garden stadium on Saturday, 3/18/2023 @ 8:00pm EST. New York is the betting favorite opening at -150 and the current line is New York -145.
Penguins vs Rangers Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Penguins to win tonight's game by 1 points and the total to go over 6.5 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Pittsburgh 4 to New York 3
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 54% of SportsJaw predicts New York Rangers to win.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that New York will win straight-up is 59%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict New York Rangers to win and the total score to be 6.5.
- OddsShark predicts Pittsburgh will win and the total will go under.
- 70% picked New York Rangers on Covers.com
Pittsburgh Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 13, Pittsburgh is ranked #14 in offense (scoring an average of 3.30 per game), #16 in defense (allowing an average of 3.22 points to be scored against them per game) and are 34-24-10 this season.
New York Key Betting Stats
New York Rangers has a power ranking of 5 and are #13 for offense (scoring an average of 3.31 per game), #10 for defense (giving up an average of 2.82 points per game) and 39-19-10 overall. Pittsburgh went 1-1-1 in their last 3 matchups against New York.
- TCU has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Gonzaga Bulldogs to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go over 156 points.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NHL Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Pittsburgh are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against NY Rangers.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games on the road.
- Pittsburgh are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against NY Rangers.
- Pittsburgh are 7-13 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Pittsburgh's last 20 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan Division division.
New York Rangers
- NY Rangers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Rangers' last 10 games against Pittsburgh.
- NY Rangers are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- NY Rangers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Rangers' last 9 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Rangers' last 9 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- DDmitry Kulikov (Is out indefinitely, Lower Body)
- CNick Bonino (IR (03/18), Kidney)
- DJeff Petry (Is downgraded to OUT Saturday vs NY Rangers, Upper Body)
- DRyan Lindgren (Is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs Pittsburgh, Upper Body)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Pittsburgh vs New York infographic for details.