Chiefs vs Eagles Super Bowl Prediction
Kansas City is on the road playing Philadelphia at the State Farm Stadium stadium on Sunday, 2/12/2023 @ 6:30pm EST. Philadelphia -2 was the opening favorite and line hasn't moved.
For the first time since the Eagles beat the Patriots in Super Bowl 52, the two No. 1 seeds in the NFL playoffs are competing for a ring in Super Bowl 57. Kansas City tries to go two-for-four in Super Bowls, while Philadelphia hopes to win two in five years.
A number of reasons make the Eagles' offense difficult to slow down. With Hurts, Miles Sanders, Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott joining the power running success, they can be a dominant rushing team behind the best offensive line in the NFL. Hurts can also throw the ball to dynamic wide receivers A.J. Brown and DeVonta Smith, making them a dangerous downfield passing team. In the AFC championship game, the Chiefs got a couple key interceptions from a Bengals one-dimensional offense, but they can't expect the same luxury in the Super Bowl with their pass rush.
Because of their athletic blocking, the Eagles poked holes in the 49ers' run defense. It is expected that the Chiefs will also be exploited on the ground and Steve Spagnuolo will need to bend, don't break again. Taking Brown or Smith away from coverage will be challenging, and they also need to consider the tough matchup versus tight end Dallas Goedert.
A deep and versatile pass rush that can get to Mahomes from the edge or inside, often with only four players, led the Eagles with 70 sacks during the regular season.
Aside from Darius Slay and James Bradberry, the Eagles also have two excellent cornerbacks outside. In addition, they have added safeties, linebackers and extra defensive backs to make their coverage more rangy. The Eagles also have great depth on defense, which makes them just as complete as their offense.
Reid and Eric Bieniemy will adjust the personnel groupings to find the right matchups with Mahomes, who will spread the ball out and get it out quickly.
In theory, the Eagles should be able to limit Mahomes' big plays with their sound back-end play behind the league's most efficient pass rush. Mahomes, on the other hand, should be able to make plenty of off-script plays in a couple weeks.
In order to help Mahomes and Kelce, the Chiefs must find multiple X-factors. The deep threat Marquez Valdes-Scantling has expanded his repertoire to make key catches all over the field for Mahomes in the playoffs. They will hope Kadarius Toney and JuJu Smith-Schuster are healthy enough to provide more sparks in the Super Bowl. With limited touches, Isiah Pacheco or Jerick McKinnon can make a huge impact.
The Eagles don't quite have the same 1-2 punch with their legs in fill-in punter Brett Kern and kicker Jake Elliott. They also have seen limited returns from Boston Scott on kickoffs and Britain Covey on punts.
Kansas City Betting
With a power ranking of 3, Kansas City is ranked #1 in offense (scoring an average of 29.06 per game), #15 in defense (allowing an average of 21.61 points to be scored against them per game) and are 16-3 (8-11 ATS) this season.
Philadelphia Eagles has a power ranking of 8 and are #2 for offense (scoring an average of 28.61 per game), #6 for defense (giving up an average of 21.61 points per game) and 16-3 (10-9 ATS) overall. Kansas City went 0-3 (0-3 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Philadelphia.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be KC 26.75, PHI 22.75.
- 52% of SportsJaw predicts Philadelphia Eagles to cover.
- OddsShark predicts Philadelphia will win, cover the spread, and the total will go under.
- 70% picked Philadelphia Eagles on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Chiefs 21 to Eagles 25.
Chiefs vs Eagles Super Bowl Prediction
The Chiefs had several players go down in their win over Cincinnati but with two weeks to heal up I expect a healthy Kansas City Chiefs team for Super Bowl 57. The Chiefs defense was able to get to Joe Burrow repeatedly and I expect they do the same against Jalen Hurts. Jalen Hurts can't be trusted with passing the ball deep and and Kansas City will have the best player (and passer) on the field in Patrick Mahomes. Should be an epic battle but Chiefs win this one outright in a high scoring shootout, and Mahomes starts to enter the G.O.A.T. conversation in the process.>
Score prediction: Chiefs 31 to Eagles 27
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NFL Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Kansas City Chiefs
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City's last 5 games.
- Kansas City are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games.
- Kansas City are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- Kansas City are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National Football Conference conference.
- Kansas City are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the National Football Conference East division.
- Kansas City are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Sunday.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Kansas City's last 16 games when playing as the underdog.
- Philadelphia are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 6 games.
- Philadelphia are 16-3 SU in their last 19 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games against Kansas City.
- Philadelphia are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Philadelphia are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the American Football Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Philadelphia's last 10 games against an opponent in the American Football Conference West division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games played on a Sunday.
- Philadelphia are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games played on a Sunday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
Some Super Bowl props from Stanford Steve via Daily Wager. The No. 1 prop (not pictured) was Travis Kelce over 9.5 targets (-125). pic.twitter.com/zR7cYxZfpg— Cole (@gamedaycole) February 10, 2023
Updated Eagles-Chiefs betting at @BetMGM@Eagles open +1.5, now -1.5— John Ewing 🦁 (@johnewing) February 10, 2023
▪️ 67% of bets, 68% of money on Philly
Total open 49.5, now 50.5
▪️ 57% of bets, 68% of money on Over@Chiefs open -115, now +105
▪️ 58% of bets, 45% of money on KC
More #49ers shade towards the #Eagles— JPA (@jasrifootball) February 10, 2023
Quote from Robbie Gould to @The33rdTeamFB:
“If you make Jalen Hurts play quarterback, you're probably gonna have a pretty solid day on defense." pic.twitter.com/HPDHoKdCyH
#SBLVII: Chiefs or Eagles?— Josh Appelbaum (@Josh_Insights) February 8, 2023
Billy Walters is waiting on late movement and so am I 👀 @MitchMossRadio @paulyhoward @vsin @nesn pic.twitter.com/LCi4wdLkws
Yellow/Green Color of Gatorade Bath:— John Ewing 🦁 (@johnewing) February 6, 2023
Yellow/Green favorite at @BetMGM pic.twitter.com/WUltaP86eq
.@Chiefs are 8-11 ATS this season.— John Ewing 🦁 (@johnewing) February 3, 2023
They are the 6th team to reach the Super Bowl with a losing ATS record.
The previous five teams went 1-4 SU and 1-4 ATS in the Super Bowl per @ESPNStatsInfo.
For Super Bowl LVII, the Chief will wear their white jerseys and the Eagles their green.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 2, 2023
FWIW, the team wearing white jerseys has won 15 of the past 18 Super Bowls.
More money will be wagered on the coin toss than most basketball games.— John Ewing 🦁 (@johnewing) January 31, 2023
I love the Super Bowl. ✅
Both teams have a compariable offense and the Eagles have a significantly better defense. The Chiefs won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Chiefs 24 to Eagles 27.
- QB Patrick Mahomes Is probable Sunday vs Philadelphia, Ankle
- WR JuJu Smith-Schuster Is probable Sunday vs Philadelphia, Knee
- WR Justin Watson Is probable Sunday vs Philadelphia, Illness
- WR Mecole Hardman Is OUT Sunday vs Philadelphia, Pelvis
- LB Willie Gay Jr. Is probable Sunday vs Philadelphia, Shoulder
- T Lucas Niang PUP, Knee
- S L'Jarius Sneed Is probable Sunday vs Philadelphia, Concussion
- DT Tershawn Wharton Is out for season, ACL
- WR Kadarius Toney Left last game, is "?" Sunday vs Philadelphia, Ankle
- WR Justyn Ross IR, Foot
- DE Robert Quinn IR, Knee
- DE Derek Barnett Is out for season, ACL
- WR Greg Ward IR, Undisclosed
- S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson IR, Ribs
- P Arryn Siposs Is probable Sunday vs Kansas City, Leg
- G Josh Sills Is doubtful Sunday vs Kansas City, Legal problems
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Kansas City vs Philadelphia infographic for details.