South Carolina vs Clemson Predictions
South Carolina is on the road playing Clemson at the Memorial Stadium stadium on Saturday, 11/26/2022 @ 12:00pm EST. Clemson -14.5 was the opening favorite and line hasn't moved.
In a rivalry week matchup, the Clemson Tigers (10-1) will host the South Carolina Gamecocks (7-4). This season, both teams are 6-5 against the spread. In five of the last seven meetings, the Tigers have won outright.
Can you tell me where that came from?
Currently, South Carolina is 4-4 in the SEC East, behind Georgia and Tennessee. This season, the Gamecocks are 2-2 against AP Top 25 teams and 2-2 on the road. The team averages 31.7 points per game (43rd) and 377.9 yards per game (78th). Defense allows 397.5 points per game (84th) and 27.3 points per game (80th).
South Carolina took down Tennessee 63-38 as a 23.5-point underdog, one of the biggest upsets of the season. Total yards gained by the Gamecocks were 606 to 507 over the Volunteers. Rattler threw for 438 yards and six touchdowns to lead the win. Rattler had previously only reached 230 yards once this season. The team's tight end Jaheim Bell rushed for 82 yards on 17 carries, a career-high. Since Marshawn Lloyd left the team with a quad contusion, Bell has taken over as the lead running back, but he is questionable for Saturday's game.
You're telling me there might be a chance
The Clemson Tigers are 8-0 in the ACC this season and will play North Carolina for the conference title next weekend. The Tigers' only blemish was a 35-14 loss at Notre Dame on November 5. In response, Clemson defeated Louisville 31-16 and Miami 40-10. In the College Football Playoffs, at least two teams ranked ahead of Clemson will suffer another loss.
The Tigers' defense has been their strongest unit, allowing 20 points per game (25th) and 320.8 yards per game (18th). The Tigers average 412.6 yards of total offense per game (52nd) and 34.7 points per game (28th). Despite an up-and-down season, DJ Uiagalelei has completed 65% of his passes for 2,406 yards with 21 touchdowns and six interceptions.
As a result of their performance against Tennessee last week, South Carolina is certainly capable of winning this game. The Gamecocks can also get blown out if they play like they did against Missouri and Florida. Clemson has averaged a great season, but they haven't faced a schedule as challenging as South Carolina's. Additionally, the Tigers have looked vulnerable in their last five games against teams of South Carolina's level or better (Wake Forest, NC State, Florida State, Syracuse, Notre Dame). The team hasn't been rolling off blowout victories against solid opponents, but it's clear that they won those games. Despite both sides being difficult to trust, take the Gamecocks by more than two touchdowns.
South Carolina Highlights
With a power ranking of 63, South Carolina is ranked #68 in offense (scoring an average of 28.60 per game), #68 in defense (allowing an average of 26.20 points to be scored against them per game) and are 7-4 (6-5 ATS) this season.
Clemson Tigers has a power ranking of 8 and are #29 for offense (scoring an average of 34.20 per game), #29 for defense (giving up an average of 26.20 points per game) and 10-1 (6-5 ATS) overall. South Carolina went 3-0 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Clemson.
South Carolina Injuries
- RB Christian Beal-Smith Is "?" Saturday vs Clemson, Undisclosed
- WR Chad Terrell Is out for season, ACL
- LB Jordan Strachan Is out for season, ACL
- LB Mohamed Kaba Is out for season, ACL
- RB MarShawn Lloyd Is "?" Saturday vs Clemson, Quad
- WR Corey Rucker Is out indefinitely, Undisclosed
- DE Xavier Thomas Is "?" Saturday vs South Carolina, Undisclosed
- DL Bryan Bresee Is "?" Saturday vs South Carolina, Undisclosed
- CB Fred Davis II Is "?" Saturday vs South Carolina, Undisclosed
- CB Malcolm Greene Is out indefinitely, Groin
- RB Kobe Pace Is "?" Saturday vs South Carolina, Ankle
- WR Beaux Collins Is "?" Saturday vs South Carolina, Shoulder
- WR Troy Stellato Is out for season, ACL
- QB Will Taylor Is "?" Saturday vs South Carolina, Undisclosed
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be S.CARO 40.5, CLEM 11.5.
- The SportsJaw community predicts South Carolina Gamecocks to cover (57%)
- OddsShark predicts Clemson will win, south carolina will cover, and the total will go over.
- 65% picked South Carolina Gamecocks on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Gamecocks 12 to Tigers 45.
Our prediction: Gamecocks 12 to Tigers 45.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAF Predictions
2 LATEST CHATTER[ - ]
Last week South Carolina got over 600 yards of offense against the Vols! I am not sold on Clemson this year they do have some players on defense but the offense is average at best! South Carolina will put points on the board and keep it under a 10 point cushion!
TAKE SOUTH CAROLINA+14.5