Utah State Aggies vs
New Mexico LobosPredictions & Preview
Utah State Aggies Look to Make Bowl Eligibility with High-Scoring Matchup Againast New Mexico Lobos
5. On Friday afternoon, the Aggies travel to the Land of Enchantment for the regular season finale against New Mexico. Utah State is coming off a 45-10 home loss to Boise State while the Lobos are coming off a 25-17 road win over Fresno State. The all-time series between the teams favors Utah State who are on a six game winning streak against the Lobos. This Friday, the Aggies look to extend their winning streak to seven games as they finish their regular season against New Mexico.
- When: Friday, 11/24/2023 @ 3:30pm EST
- Where: University Stadium Stadium
- Moneyline: Aggies -341 | Lobos +268
- Spread: Aggies -8 (-110) | Lobos +8 (-110)
- Total: Over/Under 62 (-110)
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Utah State will win straight-up is 77%.
Utah State vs New Mexico Stats
Utah State Aggies
Utah State is looking to become bowl-eligible by defeating an opponent this week after their 45-point defeat to Boise State last week. Despite a strong start, the Aggies were unable to overcome their opponents and now face injury risks with their quarterbacks Hillstead and Legas facing potential missed games. Offensively, they are ranked 28th in the FBS, while their defense is ranked 114th and is allowing an average of 33.18 points per game.
New Mexico Lobos Analysis
Against Fresno State, New Mexico had a comeback win that defied turnover odds, they had a 528-230 edge in total offense, 26-13 edge in first downs and dominated time of possession by the time margin of 40:41 to 19:19. New Mexico has a solid offense (219.4 passing yards, 179.5 rush yards per game) and is led by Dylan Hopkins (145/251 passing, 1949 yards, 11 TDs, 138 yards rushing). Dorian Lewis (foot injury) is out for the season. Lewis, Jones, and Hopkins are all questionable for the upcoming game.
Utah State On Track to Make Bowl Eligibility as Uncertainty Looms Ahead of High Scoring Matchup
It is uncertain who will start at quarterback for either team as the game approaches. Utah State's two top QBs remain uncertain, making it difficult for them in what is a necessary win. Both teams have not seen much success on defense this season, leaving the possibility of a high-scoring game. Utah State has extra motivation to win as they can potentially reach bowl eligibility while New Mexico may feel they have few resources to work with following their impressive win against Fresno State. Utah State on the road is the expected outcome.
Make Your Picks[ - ]
Make your predictions for Utah State Aggies vs New Mexico Lobos to showcase your betting acumen and earn tips for your winners!