St. Marys vs Connecticut Predictions
The St. Marys are on the road playing the Connecticut Huskies at the MVP Arena stadium on Sunday, 3/19/2023 @ 6:10pm EST. Connecticut is the betting favorite opening at -3.5 and the line hasn't moved.
Gaels vs Huskies Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Huskies to win tonight's game by 3 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the St. Marys to cover the 3.5 point spread and the total to go under 126 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: St. Marys 54 to Connecticut 57
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the St. Marys and Connecticut Huskies, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 55% of SportsJaw players predict Connecticut Huskies to cover the spread.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Connecticut will win straight-up is 66%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be SMC 59.5, UCONN 66.5.
- OddsShark's prediction is Saint Mary's-California will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
St. Marys Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 124, St. Marys is ranked #185 in offense (scoring an average of 71.36 per game), #6 in defense (allowing an average of 60.12 points to be scored against them per game) and are 27-7 (17-13-3 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Gaels hit an average of 45.82% of their field goals (ranked #102) and 69.26% of their free throws (ranked #277) and makes an average of 37.10% of their three pointers ranked #40 in the NCAAB). They average 35.58 rebounds per game (ranked # 135) and average 12.55 offensive assists and 10.73 turnovers per game (ranked # 221 and 32 respectively).
Defensively speaking, St. Marys allows an average of 41.48% field goals (ranked #51) and 74.52% free throws (ranked #323 in the NCAAB) The Gaels allow an average of 32.53% of the three pointers (ranked #100) and averages 28.52 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 28.52) Finally, the Gaels average 7.82 defensive assists and 12.36 turnovers per game (ranked # 4 and 195 respectively).
Connecticut Key Betting Stats
Connecticut Huskies has a power ranking of 24 and are #30 for offense (scoring an average of 78.45 per game), #42 for defense (giving up an average of 65.03 points per game) and 26-8 (22-12 ATS) overall. St. Marys went 1-0 (1-0 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Connecticut.
For offense, the Huskies hit an average of 45.99% of their field goals (ranked #89) and 75.44% of their free throws (ranked #45) and makes an average of 35.70% of their three pointers (ranked #98 in the NCAAB). They average 38.97 rebounds per game (ranked # 14) and average 17.27 offensive assists and 12.94 turnovers per game (ranked # 7) and 237 respectively).
On defense, Connecticut allows an average of 41.00% field goals (ranked #39) and 73.63% free throws (ranked #292 in the NCAAB) The Huskies allow an average of 29.96% of the three pointers (ranked #16) and averages 29.85 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 29.85) Finally, the Huskies average 9.15 defensive assists and 13.30 turnovers per game (ranked # 7 and 121 respectively).
- St. Marys has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the St. Marys to cover the 3.5 point spread and the total to go under 126 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Saint Mary's-California are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games.
- Saint Mary's-California are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Saint Mary's-California's last 8 games played in March.
- Saint Mary's-California are 16-3 SU in their last 19 games played on a Sunday.
- Saint Mary's-California are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games played on a Sunday when playing on the road.
- Connecticut are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Connecticut's last 5 games.
- Connecticut are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Connecticut's last 5 games against an opponent in the West Coast conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Connecticut's last 12 games played in March.
- Connecticut are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played on a Sunday.
- Connecticut are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games played on a Sunday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Huskies have a stronger offense and the Gaels have a slightly better defense. The Huskies won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Gaels 61 to Huskies 84.