TCU vs Gonzaga Predictions & Best Bets
The TCU Horned Frogs are traveling to play the Gonzaga Bulldogs at the Ball Arena stadium on Sunday, 3/19/2023 @ 9:40pm EST. Gonzaga is the betting favorite opening at -4.5 and the line hasn't moved.
Horned Frogs vs Bulldogs Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and stats, the Scorecaster predicts Bulldogs to win tonight's game by 23 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the Gonzaga Bulldogs to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go over 153 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: TCU 69 to Gonzaga 92
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the TCU Horned Frogs and Gonzaga Bulldogs, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 50% of SportsJaw predicts Gonzaga Bulldogs to cover the spread.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Gonzaga will win straight-up is 68%.
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be TCU 72, GONZG 81.
- OddsShark predicts Gonzaga will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
TCU Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 133, TCU is ranked #94 in offense (scoring an average of 75.09 per game), #119 in defense (allowing an average of 67.97 points to be scored against them per game) and are 22-12 (16-17-1 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Horned Frogs hit an average of 45.41% of their field goals (ranked #128) and 70.21% of their free throws (ranked #244) and makes an average of 30.77% of their three pointers ranked #341 in the NCAAB). They average 35.76 rebounds per game (ranked # 117) and average 16.15 offensive assists and 11.97 turnovers per game (ranked # 17 and 138 respectively).
Defensively speaking, TCU allows an average of 42.67% field goals (ranked #113) and 70.92% free throws (ranked #150 in the NCAAB) The Horned Frogs allow an average of 30.77% of the three pointers (ranked #34) and averages 34.65 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 34.65) Finally, the Horned Frogs average 13.71 defensive assists and 15.53 turnovers per game (ranked # 254 and 29 respectively).
Gonzaga Key Betting Stats
Gonzaga Bulldogs has a power ranking of 11 and are #1 for offense (scoring an average of 87.35 per game), #261 for defense (giving up an average of 72.82 points per game) and 29-5 (14-19 ATS) overall. TCU went 0-0 (0-0 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Gonzaga.
For offense, the Bulldogs hit an average of 52.87% of their field goals (ranked #1) and 70.31% of their free throws (ranked #239) and makes an average of 38.79% of their three pointers (ranked #10 in the NCAAB). They average 36.59 rebounds per game (ranked # 78) and average 16.44 offensive assists and 10.62 turnovers per game (ranked # 15) and 30 respectively).
On defense, Gonzaga allows an average of 44.32% field goals (ranked #215) and 73.43% free throws (ranked #287 in the NCAAB) The Bulldogs allow an average of 34.70% of the three pointers (ranked #252) and averages 31.29 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 31.29) Finally, the Bulldogs average 11.97 defensive assists and 13.68 turnovers per game (ranked # 124 and 99 respectively).
- TCU has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Gonzaga Bulldogs to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go over 153 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
TCU Horned Frogs
- TCU are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of TCU's last 5 games.
- TCU are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- TCU are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the West Coast conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of TCU's last 13 games played in March.
- TCU are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games played on a Sunday.
- TCU are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
- Gonzaga are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Gonzaga's last 11 games.
- Gonzaga are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games.
- Gonzaga are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Gonzaga are 16-1 SU in their last 17 games played in March.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Gonzaga's last 8 games played on a Sunday.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Gonzaga's last 10 games when playing as the favourite.
- Gonzaga are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Sunday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- CEddie Lampkin Jr. (Is out indefinitely, Personal)
- GMike Miles (Is probable Sunday vs Gonzaga, Knee)
- FKaden Perry (Is out indefinitely, Back)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Bulldogs have a significantly better offense and the Horned Frogs have a slightly better defense. The Hurricanes won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Horned Frogs 72 to Bulldogs 92.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Bulldogs will cover the spread - view the TCU vs Gonzaga infographic for details on this prediction.