Utah Valley St. vs Colorado Picks & Predictions
The Utah Valley St. Wolverines are on the road playing the Colorado Buffaloes at the CU Events Center stadium on Sunday, 3/19/2023 @ 9:30pm EST. Colorado is the betting favorite opening at -5 and the current line is Colorado -4.5.
Wolverines vs Buffaloes Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Buffaloes to win tonight's game by 2 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the Utah Valley St. Wolverines to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go over 144.5 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Utah Valley St. 72 to Colorado 74
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Utah Valley St. Wolverines and Colorado Buffaloes, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 53% of SportsJaw users predict Utah Valley St. Wolverines to cover the spread.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Colorado will win straight-up is 66%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be UTVAL 67.75, COLO 76.75.
- OddsShark's prediction is Utah Valley will win, cover the spread, and the total will go under.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
Utah Valley St. Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 46, Utah Valley St. is ranked #57 in offense (scoring an average of 77.12 per game), #120 in defense (allowing an average of 68.03 points to be scored against them per game) and are 26-8 (22-9 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Wolverines hit an average of 46.37% of their field goals (ranked #72) and 74.03% of their free throws (ranked #89) and makes an average of 33.09% of their three pointers ranked #237 in the NCAAB). They average 40.00 rebounds per game (ranked # 7) and average 16.12 offensive assists and 13.74 turnovers per game (ranked # 18 and 301 respectively).
Defensively speaking, Utah Valley St. allows an average of 38.92% field goals (ranked #6) and 66.40% free throws (ranked #12 in the NCAAB) The Wolverines allow an average of 30.88% of the three pointers (ranked #37) and averages 36.44 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 36.44) Finally, the Wolverines average 11.12 defensive assists and 12.62 turnovers per game (ranked # 61 and 173 respectively).
Colorado Key Betting Stats
Colorado Buffaloes has a power ranking of 145 and are #214 for offense (scoring an average of 69.88 per game), #74 for defense (giving up an average of 66.68 points per game) and 18-16 (15-19 ATS) overall. Utah Valley St. went 0-0 (0-0 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Colorado.
For offense, the Buffaloes hit an average of 43.31% of their field goals (ranked #255) and 69.59% of their free throws (ranked #267) and makes an average of 32.47% of their three pointers (ranked #282 in the NCAAB). They average 37.35 rebounds per game (ranked # 47) and average 13.03 offensive assists and 13.26 turnovers per game (ranked # 185) and 261 respectively).
On defense, Colorado allows an average of 42.07% field goals (ranked #76) and 71.47% free throws (ranked #179 in the NCAAB) The Buffaloes allow an average of 31.56% of the three pointers (ranked #58) and averages 33.62 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 33.62) Finally, the Buffaloes average 11.15 defensive assists and 13.41 turnovers per game (ranked # 64 and 115 respectively).
- Colorado has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Utah Valley St. Wolverines to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go over 144.5 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Utah Valley St.
Betting Trends[ + ]
Utah Valley St. Wolverines
- Utah Valley are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Utah Valley's last 8 games.
- Utah Valley are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Utah Valley's last 6 games on the road.
- Utah Valley are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- Utah Valley are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in March.
- Utah Valley are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing as the underdog.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Colorado's last 19 games.
- Colorado are 11-3 SU in their last 14 games at home.
- Colorado are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Western Athletic conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Colorado's last 8 games played in March.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado's last 7 games played on a Sunday.
- Colorado are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing as the favourite.
Injuries[ - ]
Utah Valley St.
- There are no injuries listed at this time
- GJ'Vonne Hadley (Is out indefinitely, Finger)
- GKJ Simpson (Is out indefinitely, Mononucleosis)
- GJavon Ruffin (Is out for season, Knee)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Wolverines have a stronger offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Hurricanes won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Wolverines 71 to Buffaloes 73.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 38% confidence Wolverines will cover the spread - view the Utah Valley St. vs Colorado infographic for details on this prediction.