Cleveland St. vs Eastern Kentucky Predictions & Best Bets
The Cleveland St. Vikings are traveling to play the Eastern Kentucky Colonels at the Ocean Center stadium on Sunday, 3/19/2023 @ 11:00am EST. Eastern Kentucky is the betting favorite opening at -1 and the line hasn't moved.
Vikings vs Colonels Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and stats, the Scorecaster predicts Colonels to win today's game by 3 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the Eastern Kentucky Colonels to cover the 1 point spread and the total to go under 143.5 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Cleveland St. 70 to Eastern Kentucky 73
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Cleveland St. Vikings and Eastern Kentucky Colonels, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 52% of SportsJaw predicts Eastern Kentucky Colonels to cover the spread.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Eastern Kentucky will win straight-up is 53%.
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be CLEST 70.75, EKENT 72.75.
- OddsShark predicts Cleveland State will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
Cleveland St. Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 190, Cleveland St. is ranked #182 in offense (scoring an average of 71.68 per game), #122 in defense (allowing an average of 68.06 points to be scored against them per game) and are 21-13 (16-16 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Vikings hit an average of 45.49% of their field goals (ranked #125) and 67.95% of their free throws (ranked #309) and makes an average of 30.96% of their three pointers ranked #334 in the NCAAB). They average 35.68 rebounds per game (ranked # 126) and average 13.41 offensive assists and 11.65 turnovers per game (ranked # 158 and 93 respectively).
Defensively speaking, Cleveland St. allows an average of 42.12% field goals (ranked #80) and 73.32% free throws (ranked #284 in the NCAAB) The Vikings allow an average of 31.81% of the three pointers (ranked #61) and averages 35.18 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 35.18) Finally, the Vikings average 12.21 defensive assists and 13.97 turnovers per game (ranked # 140 and 81 respectively).
Eastern Kentucky Key Betting Stats
Eastern Kentucky Colonels has a power ranking of 90 and are #51 for offense (scoring an average of 77.36 per game), #244 for defense (giving up an average of 72.12 points per game) and 20-13 (19-10-1 ATS) overall. Cleveland St. went 0-1 (0-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Eastern Kentucky.
For offense, the Colonels hit an average of 43.51% of their field goals (ranked #247) and 65.80% of their free throws (ranked #338) and makes an average of 33.73% of their three pointers (ranked #205 in the NCAAB). They average 40.27 rebounds per game (ranked # 5) and average 15.18 offensive assists and 12.15 turnovers per game (ranked # 46) and 156 respectively).
On defense, Eastern Kentucky allows an average of 42.14% field goals (ranked #81) and 74.48% free throws (ranked #322 in the NCAAB) The Colonels allow an average of 33.37% of the three pointers (ranked #150) and averages 37.70 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 37.70) Finally, the Colonels average 14.21 defensive assists and 14.42 turnovers per game (ranked # 296 and 63 respectively).
- Cleveland St. has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Eastern Kentucky Colonels to cover the 1 point spread and the total to go under 143.5 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Cleveland St. Vikings
- Cleveland State are 4-8 ATS in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland State's last 5 games.
- Cleveland State are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Cleveland State's last 13 games played in March.
- Cleveland State are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played on a Sunday.
- Cleveland State are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games played on a Sunday when playing on the road.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels
- Eastern Kentucky are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Eastern Kentucky's last 6 games.
- Eastern Kentucky are 12-6 SU in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Eastern Kentucky's last 6 games against an opponent in the Horizon conference.
- Eastern Kentucky are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played in March.
- Eastern Kentucky are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games played on a Sunday.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Colonels have a slightly better offense and the Vikings have a slightly better defense. The Vikings won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Vikings 66 to Colonels 86.