Northwestern vs UCLA Predictions
The Wildcats are on the road playing the UCLA Bruins at the Golden 1 Center stadium on Saturday, 3/18/2023 @ 8:40pm EST. UCLA is the betting favorite opening at -8 and the current line is UCLA -7.5.
Wildcats vs Bruins Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and stats, the Scorecaster predicts Bruins to win tonight's game by 11 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the UCLA Bruins to cover the 7.5 point spread and the total to go over 126.5 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Northwestern 63 to UCLA 74
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Northwestern Wildcats and UCLA Bruins, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 51% of SportsJaw players predict UCLA Bruins to cover the spread.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that UCLA will win straight-up is 78%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be NWEST 55.75, UCLA 70.75.
- OddsShark's prediction is UCLA will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 57% picked UCLA Bruins on Covers.com
Northwestern Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 116, Northwestern is ranked #276 in offense (scoring an average of 67.88 per game), #18 in defense (allowing an average of 62.61 points to be scored against them per game) and are 22-11 (20-13 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Wildcats hit an average of 40.81% of their field goals (ranked #340) and 75.40% of their free throws (ranked #46) and makes an average of 32.23% of their three pointers ranked #292 in the NCAAB). They average 34.55 rebounds per game (ranked # 203) and average 12.82 offensive assists and 9.67 turnovers per game (ranked # 201 and 9 respectively).
Defensively speaking, Northwestern allows an average of 41.15% field goals (ranked #41) and 67.58% free throws (ranked #25 in the NCAAB) The Wildcats allow an average of 33.65% of the three pointers (ranked #175) and averages 35.33 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 35.33) Finally, the Wildcats average 13.33 defensive assists and 14.12 turnovers per game (ranked # 225 and 74 respectively).
UCLA Key Betting Stats
UCLA Bruins has a power ranking of 3 and are #120 for offense (scoring an average of 74.26 per game), #5 for defense (giving up an average of 60.09 points per game) and 30-5 (20-13-2 ATS) overall. Northwestern went 1-0 (1-0 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against UCLA.
For offense, the Bruins hit an average of 46.04% of their field goals (ranked #86) and 72.37% of their free throws (ranked #150) and makes an average of 34.63% of their three pointers (ranked #159 in the NCAAB). They average 35.80 rebounds per game (ranked # 113) and average 14.14 offensive assists and 10.14 turnovers per game (ranked # 104) and 19 respectively).
On defense, UCLA allows an average of 40.56% field goals (ranked #27) and 69.71% free throws (ranked #80 in the NCAAB) The Bruins allow an average of 31.06% of the three pointers (ranked #40) and averages 31.86 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 31.86) Finally, the Bruins average 11.09 defensive assists and 15.86 turnovers per game (ranked # 61 and 24 respectively).
- UCLA has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the UCLA Bruins to cover the 7.5 point spread and the total to go over 126.5 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Northwestern are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Northwestern's last 12 games.
- Northwestern are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- Northwestern are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- Northwestern are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games played in March.
- Northwestern are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Northwestern's last 8 games when playing as the underdog.
- Northwestern are 2-11 SU in their last 13 games played on a Saturday when playing on the road.
- UCLA are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of UCLA's last 6 games.
- UCLA are 13-1 SU in their last 14 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of UCLA's last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- UCLA are 15-3 SU in their last 18 games played in March.
- UCLA are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
- UCLA are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when playing as the favourite.
- UCLA are 9-0 SU in their last 9 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- GJulian Roper II (Is out for season, Ankle)
- FLuke Hunger (Is out for season, Foot)
- GJaylen Clark (Is out for season, Foot)
- FAdem Bona (Is upgraded to probable Saturday vs Northwestern, Shoulder)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Bruins have a slightly better offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Bruins won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Wildcats 66 to Bruins 79.