Fla. International vs Charlotte Predictions
Fla. International is on the road playing Charlotte at the Dale F. Halton Arena stadium on Thursday, 2/2/2023 @ 7:00pm EST. Charlotte is the betting favorite opening at -9.5 and the current line is Charlotte -8.75.
GOLDEN PANTHERS PREVIEW:
In today's game, FIU will be looking to extend their winning streak to three games. As of now, the team has an overall record of 11-11. With an overall record of 1-7 on the road, the Golden Panthers have played 8 games away from home so far. The Hurricanes have been underdogs in 13 games this season, with a 4-9 record. As of right now, the Golden Panthers are a +9 point underdog according to oddsmakers. The Golden Panthers will be looking to Denver Jones, the team's leading scorer, for another strong performance. The team's ability to score on the perimeter is also dependent on Jones. His 3-point shots make up the majority of the team's total. Additionally, Arturo Dean has hit 47.0% of his field goal attempts on his way to averaging 11.64 points per game for the Golden Panthers. At 70.8 points per game, FIU is currently ranked 213th in college basketball for offensive production. They have struggled to make outside shots, and have played at an average pace. This has resulted in low scoring totals. Among NCAA teams, the Golden Panthers rank 180th in 3-point shooting percentage at 35.0%.
With 21 games played and a record of 13-8, Charlotte enters this matchup with a record of 21-8. In 11 games played at home so far this season, Charlotte has a 9-2 record. Oddsmakers have the 49ers as -9 point favorites at the time of this article. Despite being favored 14 times, the 49ers went 10-4 straight up. Brice Williams, the 49ers' leading scorer with 12.05 points per game, will be expected to deliver another strong performance for Charlotte. In addition to his ability to score on the perimeter, Williams is critical to the team's success. He has made the most 3-point shots for the team so far. Aly Khalifa has also played a crucial role in the 49ers' offensive game plan, hitting 50.0% of his field goal attempts while averaging 11.24 points per game. With 70.0 points per game, Charlotte is ranked 237th in college basketball this season for offensive production. They have played at a slow pace, and have struggled to hit outside shots, which has contributed to low scoring totals. The 49ers' team 3-point shooting percentage is 34.5%, placing them 211st in the nation.
In this game between the Charlotte 49ers and FIU Golden Panthers, we think FIU will keep the score closer than expected. With a 3-2 record against the spread in their last 5 games as the underdog, the Golden Panthers are a safe underdog bet. As well, the two teams play different styles, with Charlotte emphasizing a fast-paced game and FIU focusing on a slower one. Charlotte will have fewer possessions to pull ahead, which could benefit the Golden Panthers. Considering these factors, we feel confident placing a bet on the FIU Golden Panthers as the +9 point underdogs.
Panthers vs 49ers Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and stats, the Scorecaster predicts 49ers to win tonight's game by 27 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts 49ers to cover the 9.5 point spread and the total to go over 132 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Fla. International 58 to Charlotte 85
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Fla. International Golden Panthers and Charlotte 49ers, plus recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be FLAIN 57, CHARL 74.5.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Charlotte will win straight-up is 83%.
- 54% of SportsJaw predicts Charlotte 49ers to cover.
- OddsShark has not made a prediction yet.
- 76% picked Charlotte 49ers on Covers.com
Fla. International Highlights
With a power ranking of 158, Fla. International is ranked #178 in offense (scoring an average of 71.95 per game), #306 in defense (allowing an average of 74.33 points to be scored against them per game) and are 11-11 (10-10 ATS) this season.
Charlotte 49ers has a power ranking of 241 and are #269 for offense (scoring an average of 68.00 per game), #21 for defense (giving up an average of 61.57 points per game) and 13-8 (13-8 ATS) overall. Fla. International went 2-1 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Charlotte.
Fla. International Offensive Stats
- The Panthers are ranked #178 in offense scoring an average of 71.95 per game.
- The Panthers hit an average of 46.52% of their field goals (ranked #72 in the NCAAB) and 68.75% of their free throws (ranked #261 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Fla. International makes an average of 31.24% of their three pointers (ranked #313 in the NCAAB).
- Fla. International averages 32.00 rebounds per game (ranked # 316 in the NCAAB).
- The Panthers average 12.48 offensive assists and 15.05 turnovers per game (ranked # 249 and 334 respectively).
Charlotte Offensive Stats
- The 49ers are ranked #178 in offense scoring an average of 71.95 per game.
- The 49ers hit an average of 48.10% of their field goals (ranked #27 in the NCAAB) and 74.06% of their free throws (ranked #77 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Charlotte makes an average of 37.93% of their three pointers (ranked #28 in the NCAAB).
- Charlotte averages 30.95 rebounds per game (ranked # 346 in the NCAAB).
- The 49ers average 13.90 offensive assists and 11.24 turnovers per game (ranked # 249 and 40 respectively).
Fla. International Defensive Stats
- The Panthers are ranked #178 in defense allowing an average of 71.95 points to be scored on them per game.
- The Panthers allow an average of 43.88% field goals (ranked #219 in the NCAAB) and 74.86% free throws (ranked #334 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Fla. International allows an average of 36.47% of the three pointers (ranked #323 in the NCAAB).
- Fla. International averages 37.81 rebounds per game (ranked # 37.81 in the NCAAB).
- The Panthers average 14.43 defensive assists and 16.43 turnovers per game (ranked # 306 and 28 respectively).
Charlotte Defensive Stats
- The 49ers are ranked #178 in defense allowing an average of 71.95 points to be scored on them per game.
- The 49ers allow an average of 41.92% field goals (ranked #105 in the NCAAB) and 72.60% of the free throws (ranked #265 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Charlotte allows an average of 35.76% of their three pointers (ranked #297 in the NCAAB).
- Charlotte averages 28.52 rebounds per game (ranked # 28.52 in the NCAAB).
- The 49ers average 9.52 defensive assists and 11.48 turnovers per game (ranked # 306 and 304 respectively).
- Panthers has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts 49ers to cover the 9.5 point spread and the total to go over 132 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Fla. International Golden Panthers
- Florida International are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida International's last 5 games.
- Florida International are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Charlotte.
- Florida International are 1-10 SU in their last 11 games on the road.
- Florida International are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Charlotte.
- Florida International are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- Florida International are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Florida International's last 11 games played in February.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Charlotte's last 5 games.
- Charlotte are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Charlotte's last 8 games against Florida International.
- Charlotte are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- Charlotte are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Florida International.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Charlotte's last 7 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Charlotte's last 13 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- Charlotte are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games played in February.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
- GMusa Jallow (Is out indefinitely, Undisclosed)
- F/CAly Khalifa (Is OUT Thursday vs Florida Intl, COVID-19)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Fla. International vs Charlotte infographic for details.
The Panthers have a slightly better offense and the 49ers have a significantly better defense. The 49ers won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Panthers 65 to 49ers 74.
- G Musa Jallow Is out indefinitely, Undisclosed
- F/C Aly Khalifa Is OUT Thursday vs Florida Intl, COVID-19