Florida vs Kansas St. Basketball Picks & Predictions
Florida is on the road playing Kansas St. at the Fred Bramlage Coliseum stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 6:00pm EST. Kansas St. -5.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Kansas St. -5.
As the Power 12/SEC Challenge kicks off this Saturday, an exciting slate of matchups awaits. A quality matchup will be between the Florida Gators of the SEC and the #5 Kansas State Wildcats in Manhattan, KS. With an 11-8 record overall and a 4-3 record in the SEC, Florida enters this non-league matchup at 4-3. Meanwhile, Kansas State is 17-3 on the season and 6-1 in the highly competitive Conference 12. There will be an opening tap at 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
The Gators must push forward
The Florida Gators are certainly in the NCAA Tournament conversation, but they must move quickly. Two weeks ago, Florida defeated #20 Missouri 73-64 for its only quality win this season. Florida has a chance to make a push for a spot with 11 wins in a power-five conference, but it will have to start putting together wins soon. A 81-60 win over South Carolina on Wednesday night gave Florida its 11th win of the season. A season-high 21 assists were handed out by the Gators, who shot 47% from the field. In addition to nine points, 10 rebounds, and eight assists, Myeron Jones led Florida with a near triple-double. The Gators were led by Colin Castleton, who scored 18 points.
There is something surprising about wildcats
The Kansas State Wildcats have been one of the most surprising teams in the country this season. It was predicted that the Wildcats would finish in the bottom tier of the talented Power 12 Conference, but they have defied expectations so far. The Wildcats are ranked fifth in the country and are 17-3 so far this season. Among the Wildcats' quality wins are those against West Virginia, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma State and, most recently, Kansas. Despite this, K-State has recorded just 2-2 in its last four games. Iowa State defeated the Wildcats by a score of 80-76 on Tuesday night. In addition to 23 points, Markquis Nowell had nine assists for a game-high. With 14 seconds left, K-State could have cut the lead to one, but Nowell's layup rimmed out.
In this situation, the Wildcats might just need some home cooking. Despite their 11-0 record at home so far this season, Kansas State will be looking to take on the Gators with their high-powered offense. With the country's 33rd-ranked scoring offense, Kansas State has beaten a number of quality opponents this season, while the Gators have struggled against better competition. On Saturday, the Wildcats will continue their surprising season with a comfortable win over a Florida team still searching for its first win of the season.
With a power ranking of 125, Florida is ranked #166 in offense (scoring an average of 72.32 per game), #75 in defense (allowing an average of 65.32 points to be scored against them per game) and are 12-8 (11-9 ATS) this season.
Kansas St. Highlights
Kansas St. Wildcats has a power ranking of 206 and are #52 for offense (scoring an average of 77.80 per game), #152 for defense (giving up an average of 65.32 points per game) and 17-3 (15-5 ATS) overall. Florida went 1-1 (1-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Kansas St..
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be FLA 76.375, KANST 66.375.
- 51% of SportsJaw players predict Kansas St. Wildcats to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is Florida will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 70% picked Kansas St. Wildcats on Covers.com
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Gators 71 to Wildcats 67.
Our prediction: Gators 71 to Wildcats 67.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Florida are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Florida's last 12 games.
- Florida are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Florida's last 6 games on the road.
- Florida are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Florida are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in January.
- Florida are 14-3 SU in their last 17 games played on a Saturday.
- Florida are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games played on a Saturday when playing on the road.
Kansas St. Wildcats
- Kansas State are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Kansas State's last 9 games.
- Kansas State are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games.
- Kansas State are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- Kansas State are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Kansas State are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games played in January.
- Kansas State are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas State's last 6 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- FCJ Felder (Is out indefinitely, Personal)
- FAlex Fudge (Is "?" Saturday vs Kansas State, Head)
- GAnthony Thomas (Is out for season, Redshirt)
- FDavid N'Guessan (Is "?" Saturday vs Florida, Undisclosed)
- FTaj Manning (Is out for season, Redshirt)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Wildcats have a slightly better offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Wildcats won more games straight up while Huskies won more ATS over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Gators 75 to Wildcats 68.
- F CJ Felder Is out indefinitely, Personal
- F Alex Fudge Is "?" Saturday vs Kansas State, Head
Kansas St. Injuries
- G Anthony Thomas Is out for season, Redshirt
- F David N'Guessan Is "?" Saturday vs Florida, Undisclosed
- F Taj Manning Is out for season, Redshirt
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Wildcats will cover the spread - view the Florida vs Kansas St. infographic for details on this prediction.