Arkansas vs Baylor Basketball Predictions & Best Bets
Arkansas is on the road playing Baylor at the Ferrell Center stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 4:00pm EST. Baylor -4.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Baylor -6.5.
As part of the ACC/Big 12/SEC Challenge, Arkansas will play Baylor on Saturday afternoon in an attempt to jump back into the top 25. The Razorbacks have won consecutive games against Ole Miss and LSU after a four-game losing streak. Following a win over No. Currently ranked No. 9, Baylor is riding a five-game winning streak.
The Razorbacks are seeking their first victory on the road
The Razorbacks are desperate for a quality road win on their resume, as they have been winless on the road in all four games this season. After starting 11-1 to start the year, the Razorbacks lost five consecutive games to open SEC play. In three of those five losses, they were favorites, including a 97-74 defeat to Vanderbilt two weeks ago. On Tuesday, Arkansas overcame a 12.5-point handicap to win 60-40 against LSU after snapping a four-game skid by beating Ole Miss 69-57 last Saturday. With a win on Saturday, the Razorbacks will likely enter the top 25.
The Bears have won five straight games
The Bears won 10 of their first 12 games this season, with their only loss coming to then-No. Virginia and Marquette are ranked 16 and 16. During Big 12 play, the Bears lost three of their first three games, including one to Iowa State, the then-no. There is a 17-17 tie between TCU and Kansas State. On Monday, they defeated No. 9 Kansas 75-69 to get back on track with a five-game winning streak. ACL injury forced Langston Love to miss the entire 2021-22 season, but he scored 11 points in 18 minutes against Kansas.
An Arkansas team that hasn't won a true road game this season. As a team, the Razorbacks have been overvalued in the betting market throughout the season, and they have only covered the spread twice in their last eight games. A five-game winning streak comes into this matchup, and Baylor has won 15 of its last 17 home games. I like the Bears' offensive-minded game plan and haven't seen them lose against the spread during that period.
With a power ranking of 175, Arkansas is ranked #87 in offense (scoring an average of 75.84 per game), #94 in defense (allowing an average of 66.32 points to be scored against them per game) and are 14-6 (9-10-1 ATS) this season.
Baylor Bears has a power ranking of 89 and are #33 for offense (scoring an average of 79.40 per game), #182 for defense (giving up an average of 66.32 points per game) and 15-5 (10-9-1 ATS) overall. Arkansas went 2-1 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Baylor.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be ARK 78, BAYLR 65.
- 50% of SportsJaw predicts Baylor Bears to cover.
- OddsShark predicts Arkansas will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 62% picked Baylor Bears on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Razorbacks 81 to Bears 81.
Our prediction: Razorbacks 81 to Bears 81.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Arkansas are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Arkansas' last 10 games.
- Arkansas are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games.
- Arkansas are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arkansas' last 5 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Arkansas are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in January.
- Arkansas are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday.
- Arkansas are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games played on a Saturday when playing on the road.
- Baylor are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Baylor are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- Baylor are 15-2 SU in their last 17 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Baylor's last 8 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Baylor are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played in January.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baylor's last 7 games played on a Saturday.
Injuries[ - ]
- FMakhel Mitchell (Is "?" Saturday vs Baylor, Foot)
- FTrevon Brazile (Is out for season, ACL)
- GNick Smith Jr. (Is out indefinitely, Knee)
- FJonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua (Is out indefinitely, Knee)
- GDantwan Grimes (Is out for season, Redshirt)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Bears have a slightly better offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Bears won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Razorbacks 75 to Bears 72.
- F Makhel Mitchell Is "?" Saturday vs Baylor, Foot
- F Trevon Brazile Is out for season, ACL
- G Nick Smith Jr. Is out indefinitely, Knee
- F Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua Is out indefinitely, Knee
- G Dantwan Grimes Is out for season, Redshirt
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 75% confidence Bears will cover the spread - view the Arkansas vs Baylor infographic for details on this prediction.