Louisiana Tech vs Texas-San Antonio Prediction, Odds and Best Bets
Louisiana Tech is on the road playing Texas-San Antonio at the UTSA Convocation Center stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 4:00pm EST. Louisiana Tech -5.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Louisiana Tech -7.
UTSA will be the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs' 22nd opponent this season and they have an overall record of 11-10 heading into today's game. With a record of 3-7 on the road, the Bulldogs have played 10 games so far. As of this writing, Louisiana Tech has won 6-4 of its 10 games this season. Currently, Louisiana Tech has a betting line of -7 points in their favor for today's game. Cobe Williams leads Louisiana Tech in scoring this season with an average of 18.84 points per game. The team's scoring has been dominated by Williams, who contributed 22.8% of the team's points so far. Also, he contributes 3.26 rebounds per game and 3.89 assists per game. Averaging 12.38 points per game, Keaston Willis is the Bulldogs' second-leading scorer. The scoring for the team is accounted for by him and Willis together at 39.4%.
PREVIEW: ROAD RUNNERS
It will be UTSA's goal to snap its current seven-game losing streak in today's game vs Louisiana Tech. With 14 games played at home, UTSA is 7-7 so far this season. In 15 games this season, UTSA has been the underdog, posting a record of 2-13. According to the oddsmakers, the Roadrunners are currently the underdogs by +7 points. Japhet Medor is UTSA's leading scorer this season, averaging 13.68 points per game. A large share of the team's scoring has come from Medor (17.43%). As well as scoring 3.53 points per game, he also assists and rebounds 3.79 times. Averaging 11.05 points per game, DJ Richards is the second leading scorer for the Roadrunners. The team's scoring is accounted for by him and Richards together at 33.7%.
The oddsmakers have placed the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs as the favorite to win after analyzing all the statistics and trends. UTSA is 5-5 against the spread at home, and Louisiana Tech has the statistical edge in 3-pointers made per game and field goal percentage overall. Yet, our model indicates that the current odds of -7 in favor of the Bulldogs are too high, giving good value to bet on UTSA versus the spread. Our experts are comfortable taking the opposite side of the bet, taking UTSA as the favorite, while most bettors are looking at the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs.
Louisiana Tech Highlights
With a power ranking of 338, Louisiana Tech is ranked #117 in offense (scoring an average of 74.76 per game), #172 in defense (allowing an average of 69.05 points to be scored against them per game) and are 11-10 (10-8 ATS) this season.
Texas-San Antonio Highlights
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners has a power ranking of 327 and are #281 for offense (scoring an average of 67.73 per game), #307 for defense (giving up an average of 69.05 points per game) and 7-15 (8-12 ATS) overall. Louisiana Tech went 0-3 (0-3 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Texas-San Antonio.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be LATEC 63.75, TEXSA 77.75.
- 54% of SportsJaw users predict Louisiana Tech Bulldogs to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is Louisiana Tech will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 64% picked Louisiana Tech Bulldogs on Covers.com
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Bulldogs 76 to Roadrunners 72.
Our prediction: Bulldogs 76 to Roadrunners 72.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
- Louisiana Tech are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games.
- Louisiana Tech are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- Louisiana Tech are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games against UTSA.
- Louisiana Tech are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games against UTSA.
- Louisiana Tech are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- Louisiana Tech are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against UTSA.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisiana Tech's last 6 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Louisiana Tech are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games played on a Saturday.
- Louisiana Tech are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday when playing on the road.
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners
- UTSA are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games.
- UTSA are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of UTSA's last 9 games against Louisiana Tech.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of UTSA's last 7 games at home.
- UTSA are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against Louisiana Tech.
- UTSA are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- UTSA are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- UTSA are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in January.
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of UTSA's last 20 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
- FCarlton Linguard Jr. (Is out indefinitely, Academics)
- GJaphet Medor (Is "?" Saturday vs Louisiana Tech, Foot)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Bulldogs have a stronger offense and the Bulldogs have a slightly better defense. The Bulldogs won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Bulldogs 81 to Roadrunners 66.
Texas-San Antonio Injuries
- F Carlton Linguard Jr. Is out indefinitely, Academics
- G Japhet Medor Is "?" Saturday vs Louisiana Tech, Foot
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 75% confidence Bulldogs will cover the spread - view the Louisiana Tech vs Texas-San Antonio infographic for details on this prediction.