Duke vs Georgia Tech Basketball Predictions & Best Bets
Duke is on the road playing Georgia Tech at the McCamish Pavilion stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 3:00pm EST. Duke -7 was the opening favorite and current line is Duke -8.
An interesting ACC showdown between the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and Duke Blue Devils will take place at McCamish Pavilion on Saturday night. Duke still sits four wins ahead of the Yellow Jackets in conference play, despite both teams being in the bottom half of the ACC standings. Although the Blue Devils lost their last game, the Yellow Jackets are also on a six-game losing streak. Even on the road, Duke has nine wins in ten meetings between these two teams, so they'll like their chances.
Aiming to right the ship, the Blue Devils
As a result of bringing in quite a few talented freshmen, Duke had high hopes for the season, but it has taken time for this group to gel. In the ACC standings, they are right in the middle and are struggling to find consistency and momentum. In their last three games, the Blue Devils have lost two and won one. Although the Yellow Jackets are a talented team, their 1-4 road record this season leaves a lot to be desired. It is unlikely that Duke's nine wins in the last ten in this series will shake their confidence heading into this one. This is even though they lost the last time these two faced off in Atlanta.
The yellow jackets are limping along
With just one win in conference play, Georgia Tech will be hoping that being at home can change its fortunes. They've lost five straight games, including three at home, extending their home record to 7-5. While the Yellow Jackets did win when these two teams met just a few seasons ago in Georgia, the talent discrepancy might be too much for the home court to overcome. In the next few weeks, the schedule opens up, and if they can spring an upset here, they might be able to string together a few wins. With the handful of losses they have suffered to Duke and the recent losing streak, confidence might be their biggest issue at the moment.
The Blue Devils are destined to bounce back in this one, and the frontcourt will play a major role in doing so. Due to Duke's size in the frontcourt, which is one of their major advantages, the Yellow Jackets struggle to stop opponents on the offensive glass. It's also not enough for Georgia Tech to keep pace in this one with only one double-figure scorer. In this one, the Blue Devils' confidence will shine through after dominating this rivalry for a few years. Georgia Tech has been 0-4 ATS in its last four games, including 0-4 ATS on Saturdays. Moreover, the favorite has won 25 out of 36 meetings between these two teams ATS.
With a power ranking of 164, Duke is ranked #168 in offense (scoring an average of 72.15 per game), #50 in defense (allowing an average of 64.25 points to be scored against them per game) and are 14-6 (7-13 ATS) this season.
Georgia Tech Highlights
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets has a power ranking of 330 and are #241 for offense (scoring an average of 68.90 per game), #216 for defense (giving up an average of 64.25 points per game) and 8-12 (8-11 ATS) overall. Duke went 1-2 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Georgia Tech.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be DUKE 61, GATEC 77.
- The SportsJaw community predicts Duke Blue Devils to cover (51%)
- OddsShark predicts Duke will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 52% picked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Blue Devils 83 to Yellow Jackets 68.
Our prediction: Blue Devils 83 to Yellow Jackets 68.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Duke Blue Devils
- Duke are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Duke's last 6 games.
- Duke are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games.
- Duke are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against Georgia Tech.
- Duke are 15-1 SU in their last 16 games against Georgia Tech.
- Duke are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- Duke are 16-3 SU in their last 19 games when playing on the road against Georgia Tech.
- Duke are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Duke's last 10 games played in January.
- Duke are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played on a Saturday.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- Georgia Tech are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Georgia Tech are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games.
- Georgia Tech are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Georgia Tech are 3-16 SU in their last 19 games when playing at home against Duke.
- Georgia Tech are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- Georgia Tech are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in January.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Georgia Tech's last 6 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- FDariq Whitehead (Is OUT Saturday vs Georgia Tech, Leg)
- GLance Terry (Is "?" Saturday vs Duke, Hamstring)
- GTristan Maxwell (Is out indefinitely, Hip)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Blue Devils have a slightly better offense and the Blue Devils have a slightly better defense. The Blue Devils won more games straight up while Yellow Jackets won more ATS over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Blue Devils 78 to Yellow Jackets 66.
Georgia Tech Injuries
- G Lance Terry Is "?" Saturday vs Duke, Hamstring
- G Tristan Maxwell Is out indefinitely, Hip
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Duke vs Georgia Tech infographic for details.