George Washington vs Fordham Basketball Picks & Predictions
George Washington is on the road playing Fordham at the Rose Hill Gym stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 2:00pm EST. Fordham -3 was the opening favorite and current line is Fordham -3.5.
Rose Hill Gymnasium will host the George Washington Colonials and Fordham Rams on Saturday. There will be a 2:00 p.m. tip-off in Bronx, NY, ET. George Washington beat St. Joe's in overtime on Wednesday, 11-9 SU and 10-9 ATS. Against Atlantic-10 opponents, the Colonials are 4-1 in their last five games. Saint Bonaventure was defeated on Wednesday by Fordham, 16-4 over under and 12-8 against the spread. Over the past five games, the Rams have won 4-1 and are 4-3 in conference play.
Is it possible for GW to track down VCU?
With three straight wins, the Colonials are just 1.5 games behind Atlantic-10 leader VCU. In the final 11 games of the regular season, can they make a push to win the A-10 title? After shooting 27-for-64 from the field, including 11-for-26 (42.3%) from the field, George Washington defeated St. Joe's in overtime. 43 points were scored by the Colonials on 27 field goals and 15 assists were recorded by the Hawks. George Washington senior guard Brendan Adams led the team in scoring with 32 points on 11-of-22 shooting, including 7-for-12 from three-point range. The Colonials' senior guard James Bishop IV averages 22.0 points per game, sixth most in the NCAA. Adams (17.5ppg and 4.7rpg), guard Maximus Edwards (10.8ppg and 6.0rpg), and forward Ricky Lindo Jr. (9.6ppg and 7.0rpg) are other players to watch.
It is Fordham's goal to improve its standing in the A-10
With 16 wins in its first 20 games, Fordham is just 2.5 games out of first place in the A-10. It's imperative that Fordham wins Saturday's game against George Washington, as the Colonials are a game ahead of the Rams in the conference standings. Fordham scored 51 points in the second half of its last game to beat St. Bonaventure by 11 points. After trailing 30-28 at halftime, the Rams stormed out of the locker room. In terms of field goal percentage, Fordham shot 23 for 53 (43.4%), 8 for 24 from three (33.3%), and 25 for 36 (69.4%) from the foul line. Fordham senior forward Khalid Moore led the team with 19 points on 6-of-7 shooting. With an average of 16.5 points per game on 39.0 percent shooting, senior guard Darius Quisenberry leads the Rams in scoring. Antrell Charlton (7.9 PPG, 4.0 RPG, and 4.0 APG) and Moore (14.3 PPG and 6.5 RPG) are other players to watch.
This A-10 matchup from NYC will be covered by the Colonials and won by the Rams straight up. It will be a tough game for Fordham on Saturday despite having five more straight-up victories than George Washington. The George Washington Colonials take better care of the basketball than Fordham (top 50 in FG%). It was an aberration for a team ranked 227th in offensive efficiency to score 51 in the second half of their last game. In field goal percentage and three-point percentage, they rank 294th and 250th, respectively. In home games against teams over .500, Fordham has just a 6-4 ATS record.
George Washington Highlights
With a power ranking of 199, George Washington is ranked #95 in offense (scoring an average of 75.58 per game), #274 in defense (allowing an average of 72.74 points to be scored against them per game) and are 11-9 (10-9 ATS) this season.
Fordham Rams has a power ranking of 133 and are #179 for offense (scoring an average of 71.74 per game), #123 for defense (giving up an average of 72.74 points per game) and 16-4 (12-7-1 ATS) overall. George Washington went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Fordham.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be GWASH 77.75, FORDM 70.75.
- 54% of SportsJaw users predict George Washington Colonials to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is Fordham will win, george washington will cover, and the total will go under.
- 62% picked George Washington Colonials on Covers.com
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Colonials 71 to Rams 87.
Our prediction: Colonials 71 to Rams 87.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
George Washington Colonials
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of George Washington's last 5 games.
- George Washington are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- George Washington are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games against Fordham.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of George Washington's last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of George Washington's last 11 games when playing on the road against Fordham.
- George Washington are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic 10 conference.
- George Washington are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games played in January.
- George Washington are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games played on a Saturday.
- Fordham are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Fordham are 15-3 SU in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Fordham's last 8 games against George Washington.
- Fordham are 16-2 SU in their last 18 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Fordham's last 11 games when playing at home against George Washington.
- Fordham are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Atlantic 10 conference.
- Fordham are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games played in January.
- Fordham are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
Injuries[ - ]
- GE.J. Clark (Is out for season, Lower Body)
- FKeegan Harvey (Is out for season, Undisclosed)
- FDaniel Nixon (Is out for season, Knee)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Colonials have a slightly better offense and the Rams have a slightly better defense. The Colonials won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Colonials 73 to Rams 74.
George Washington Injuries
- G E.J. Clark Is out for season, Lower Body
- F Keegan Harvey Is out for season, Undisclosed
- F Daniel Nixon Is out for season, Knee
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the George Washington vs Fordham infographic for details.