Temple vs Central Florida Prediction & Best Bets
Temple is on the road playing Central Florida at the Addition Financial Arena stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 12:00pm EST. Central Florida -8.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Central Florida -6.
On Saturday afternoon, the Temple Owls (13-9, 13-8-1 ATS, 9-12 O/U) face the UCF Knights (13-7, 10-9-1 ATS, 10-10 O/U). On Wednesday night, the Owls defeated USF at home. In their previous matchup, the Knights suffered a loss to Houston at home. During last year's two meetings, both teams won on the road.
A fourth consecutive victory for Temple
The Temple Owls are aiming for their fourth consecutive win. Their 7-2 record this season makes them one of the most successful teams in the AAC. In the conference, they fell to Tulane and Memphis by narrow margins. The Owls bounced back from that loss by beating East Carolina, #1 Houston, and USF 79-76 in overtime on Wednesday. The Owls have covered the spread in seven of their nine AAC games. A recent win over East Carolina saw Khalif Battle score 20 points while Wednesday's victory saw him score 25 points. In addition to averaging 17.4 points per game, the sophomore guard will shoot many three-pointers this season. The last two games Damian Dunn played have seen him score at least 20 points.
The UCF Knights were beaten for the third time in a row
The UCF Knights need to win this game. As a result of poor defensive play, they have lost three consecutive games. The Knights won four of their first five meetings in conference play, but have not won since. In an 82-71 home loss to #3 Houston on Wednesday night, they were 10 point underdogs after losing by 13 points to South Florida last weekend. In the last three games, the Knights have not covered the spread. Hendricks has connected on at least 50% of his field goals in two of his last three games. As a freshman forward, he has averaged 14.4 points per game and 7 rebounds per game in conference play. Three of C.J. Kelly's four recent games have seen him score at least 17 points.
Even though the Temple Owls are winning games, the metrics don't particularly stand out. According to Ken Pomeroy's rankings, they rank 114th, while UCF ranks 57th. Two of UCF's last three games have been on the road, with only one home game against #3 Houston that was not expected to win. Three of their four AAC home games have been won at home with all three wins being covered. In addition, the Knights have a much better offensive squad. Compared to Temple, they average 5.1 more points per 100 possessions. UCF is still a much better defensive squad than the Owls despite their top strength being defense. UCF is 54th in DI with 97 points per 100 possessions, while Temple is giving up 100 points per 100 possessions. The last three games UCF has played at home have averaged 88 points.
With a power ranking of 141, Temple is ranked #255 in offense (scoring an average of 68.62 per game), #135 in defense (allowing an average of 67.62 points to be scored against them per game) and are 13-9 (13-8-1 ATS) this season.
Central Florida Highlights
Central Florida Golden Knights has a power ranking of 96 and are #170 for offense (scoring an average of 72.11 per game), #58 for defense (giving up an average of 67.62 points per game) and 13-7 (10-8-2 ATS) overall. Temple went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Central Florida.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be TEMPL 72.75, UCF 60.75.
- 54% of SportsJaw users predict Temple Owls to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is Central Florida will win, temple will cover, and the total will go over.
- 61% picked Temple Owls on Covers.com
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Owls 67 to Knights 76.
Our prediction: Owls 67 to Knights 76.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Temple are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Temple's last 13 games.
- Temple are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Temple are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against Central Florida.
- Temple are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Central Florida.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Temple's last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Temple's last 6 games when playing on the road against Central Florida.
- Temple are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- Temple are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games played in January.
- Temple are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
Central Florida Golden Knights
- Central Florida are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Central Florida's last 5 games.
- Central Florida are 13-6 SU in their last 19 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Central Florida's last 5 games against Temple.
- Central Florida are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Central Florida's last 6 games when playing at home against Temple.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Central Florida's last 7 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- Central Florida are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games played in January.
- Central Florida are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games played on a Saturday.
- Central Florida are 0-12 ATS in their last 12 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
- FMichael Durr (Is out indefinitely, Hand)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Knights have a slightly better offense and the Knights have a slightly better defense. The Owls won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Owls 71 to Knights 71.
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Temple vs Central Florida infographic for details.