Kings vs Wizards Predictions
The Sacramento Kings are traveling to play the Washington Wizards at the Capital One Arena stadium on Saturday, 3/18/2023 @ 8:00pm EST. Sacramento is the betting favorite opening at -2.5 and the line hasn't moved.
Kings vs Wizards Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Kings to win tonight's game by 4 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the Sacramento Kings to cover the 2.5 point spread and the total to go under 236 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Sacramento 119 to Washington 115
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Sacramento Kings and Washington Wizards, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- The SportsJaw community predicts Sacramento Kings to cover the spread (54%)
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Sacramento will win straight-up is 58%.
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be SAC 120.5, WAS 115.5.
- OddsShark predicts Washington will win, cover the spread, and the total will go under.
- 79% picked Sacramento Kings on Covers.com
Sacramento Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 13, Sacramento is ranked #1 in offense (scoring an average of 120.90 per game), #27 in defense (allowing an average of 118.17 points to be scored against them per game) and are 42-27 (39-30 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Kings hit an average of 49.74% of their field goals (ranked #2) and 79.72% of their free throws (ranked #9) and makes an average of 37.09% of their three pointers ranked #9 in the NBA). They average 42.30 rebounds per game (ranked # 22) and average 27.09 offensive assists and 13.67 turnovers per game (ranked # 4 and 18 respectively).
Defensively speaking, Sacramento allows an average of 49.32% field goals (ranked #29) and 78.94% free throws (ranked #23 in the NBA) The Kings allow an average of 37.20% of the three pointers (ranked #25) and averages 41.90 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 41.90) Finally, the Kings average 26.30 defensive assists and 13.70 turnovers per game (ranked # 29 and 14 respectively).
Washington Key Betting Stats
Washington Wizards has a power ranking of 18 and are #21 for offense (scoring an average of 112.99 per game), #14 for defense (giving up an average of 113.19 points per game) and 32-38 (32-35-3 ATS) overall. Sacramento went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Washington.
For offense, the Wizards hit an average of 48.58% of their field goals (ranked #7) and 79.01% of their free throws (ranked #13) and makes an average of 35.77% of their three pointers (ranked #18 in the NBA). They average 43.80 rebounds per game (ranked # 11) and average 25.26 offensive assists and 13.55 turnovers per game (ranked # 13) and 17 respectively).
On defense, Washington allows an average of 46.63% field goals (ranked #7) and 80.50% free throws (ranked #29 in the NBA) The Wizards allow an average of 36.15% of the three pointers (ranked #17) and averages 42.58 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 42.58) Finally, the Wizards average 24.04 defensive assists and 11.80 turnovers per game (ranked # 8 and 29 respectively).
- Sacramento has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Sacramento Kings to cover the 2.5 point spread and the total to go under 236 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NBA experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NBA Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Sacramento are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Sacramento's last 18 games.
- Sacramento are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
- Sacramento are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against Washington.
- Sacramento are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against Washington.
- Sacramento are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Sacramento's last 7 games when playing on the road against Washington.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Sacramento's last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- Sacramento are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeast Division division.
- Sacramento are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games played in March.
- Washington are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games.
- Washington are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Washington's last 11 games against Sacramento.
- Washington are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington's last 7 games when playing at home against Sacramento.
- Washington are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- Washington are 5-14 SU in their last 19 games against an opponent in the Pacific Division division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 7 games played in March.
- Washington are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
Injuries[ - ]
- PFRichaun Holmes (Is upgraded to probable Saturday vs Washington, Illness)
- PFTrey Lyles (Is downgraded to OUT Saturday vs Washington, Shoulder)
- SGKevin Huerter (Is OUT Saturday vs Washington, Leg)
- PFKristaps Porzingis (Is downgraded to OUT Saturday vs Sacramento, Illness)
- SFKyle Kuzma (Has returned to the game, Lower Body)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Kings have a stronger offense and the Wizards have a slightly better defense. The Kings won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Kings 119 to Wizards 109.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 88% confidence Kings will cover the spread - view the Sacramento vs Washington infographic for details on this prediction.