Grizzlies vs Cavaliers Predictions & Best Bets
Memphis is on the road playing Cleveland at the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse stadium on Thursday, 2/2/2023 @ 7:30pm EST. Cleveland is the betting favorite opening at and the current line is Cleveland -3.25.
Memphis Team Statistics
On the season, Memphis is 32-18. The team averages 116.7 points per game (7th in the league) while going 46.9% from the field. The Grizzlies connect on 34.4% of 3-pointers (568 of 1,649) and 71.4% of free throws. Memphis pulls in 48.5 rebounds per game and has 1,270 assists on the season, placing them 15th in the league in passing. The team turns the ball over 14.4 times per game and commits 20.1 fouls per game.
On defense, the Grizzlies force 15.3 turnovers and draw 21.5 personal fouls per game. With 1,329 assists conceded, they rank 23rd in the league. As a team, the Grizzlies give up a 44.9% FG percentage (2,020 of 4,502) and 43.8 rebounds per game. As a team, they allow 35.6% on 3-pointers and rank 9th in opponents' points per game (112.3).
With a power ranking of 5, Memphis is ranked #7 in offense (scoring an average of 116.66 per game), #9 in defense (allowing an average of 112.28 points to be scored against them per game) and are 32-18 (24-24-2 ATS) this season.
Cleveland Team Statistics
For the season, Cleveland is 31-22. Each game, the Cavaliers commit 18.8 fouls and they shoot 77.4% from the charity stripe. They earn assists at a rate of 24.5 times per game (18th in the NBA) and turn the ball over at a rate of 13.9 times per game. The Cavs have scored 5,896 points this season (111.2 points per game) and collected 42.0 boards per game. The Cavaliers shoot 48.4% from the floor, which is 6th in the NBA.
Cleveland's defense allows 37.1% on 3-point attempts (621 of 1,673) and opponents make 76.6% of their free throw attempts. As a team, they give up 22.6 dimes and 40.5 total boards per game, which ranks them first and second, respectively. With 106.8 points allowed per game, the Cavaliers are 1st in the league in defense. The team forces 15.0 turnovers per game and allows teams to shoot 46.6% from the field (8th in the league).
Cleveland Cavaliers has a power ranking of 7 and are #26 for offense (scoring an average of 111.52 per game), #1 for defense (giving up an average of 106.90 points per game) and 31-22 (26-24-3 ATS) overall. Memphis went 0-3 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Cleveland.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be MEM 3.25, CLE -3.25.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Cleveland will win straight-up is 59%.
- 52% of SportsJaw predicts Cleveland Cavaliers to cover.
- OddsShark has not made a prediction yet.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
Grizzlies vs Cavaliers Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, Nets the Scorecaster predicts Nets to win tonight's game by 2 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts Nets to cover the 9 point spread and the total to go and the total to go over 224 points.
Staff Pick MEM ATS (+3.25)
The Grizzlies come into this one on their coldest stretch of the year, having lost 6 of their last 7 games. Ja Morant is having a great year and was the Grizzlies leading scorer in their last game with 32 points. The Cavaliers come into this matchup 5th in the Eastern Conference standings and have lost 2 of their last 3 games. Donovan leads Cleveland this season with 27 points per game. The Grizzlies have been playing poorly but I expect Ja Morant to have a great game and the Grizzlies to win and cover the +3.75.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NBA Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Memphis are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Memphis' last 7 games.
- Memphis are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games.
- Memphis are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games against Cleveland.
- Memphis are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against Cleveland.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Memphis' last 5 games on the road.
- Memphis are 4-13 SU in their last 17 games when playing on the road against Cleveland.
- Memphis are 13-0 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- Memphis are 9-1-1 ATS in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Central Division division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Memphis' last 5 games played in February.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 6 games.
- Cleveland are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games at home.
- Cleveland are 13-4 SU in their last 17 games when playing at home against Memphis.
- Cleveland are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games against an opponent in the Southwest Division division.
- Cleveland are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played in February.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games played on a Thursday.
Injuries[ - ]
- SGDanny Green (Is OUT Thursday vs Cleveland, Rest)
- CSteven Adams (Is out indefinitely, Knee)
- PFJaren Jackson Jr. (Is downgraded to OUT Thursday vs Cleveland, Thigh)
- SGJohn Konchar (Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs Cleveland, Concussion)
- SFZiaire Williams (Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs Cleveland, Knee)
- SFCaris LeVert (Is downgraded to OUT Thursday vs Memphis, Hamstring)
- SFDylan Windler (Is out indefinitely, Ankle)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
***UNDER 226*** Cleveland has gone under the total in five of its last six games, which should come as no surprise to people who have looked at the Cavaliers’ metrics. They not only have the top defense in the NBA, but their offense continues to struggle. On top of that, they play at the slowest pace of any team in the league, so it is surprising when Cleveland plays a high-scoring game. Its defense is rested following an off day, and it is facing a Memphis team that is on the road for the second leg of a back-to-back. The Grizzlies have gone under in seven consecutive games, including five straight on the road.
The Grizzlies have a slightly better offense and the Cavaliers have a slightly better defense. The Grizzlies won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Grizzlies 115 to Cavaliers 115.
- SG Danny Green Is OUT Thursday vs Cleveland, Rest
- C Steven Adams Is out indefinitely, Knee
- PF Jaren Jackson Jr. Is downgraded to OUT Thursday vs Cleveland, Thigh
- SG John Konchar Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs Cleveland, Concussion
- SF Ziaire Williams Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs Cleveland, Knee
- SF Caris LeVert Is downgraded to OUT Thursday vs Memphis, Hamstring
- SF Dylan Windler Is out indefinitely, Ankle
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Cavaliers will cover the spread - view the Memphis vs Cleveland infographic for details on this prediction.