Heat vs Knicks Predictions
Miami is on the road playing New York at the Madison Square Garden stadium on Thursday, 2/2/2023 @ 7:30pm EST. Miami is the betting favorite opening at -1.5 and the line hasn't moved.
Miami Team Statistics
Miami enters this game with a record of 29-23. As a team, they give up possession 13.5 times per game, and they commit 18.7 fouls per game. As a team, Miami pulls in 41.4 rebounds per game and has 1,225 assists, which ranks 21st in the league. The Heat shoot 33.6% from 3-point range (615 of 1,828) and 82.2% from the charity stripe. The team averages 108.5 points per game (30th in the NBA) and shoots 45.3% from the field.
As a defensive team, the Heat force 16.5 turnovers and draw 19.8 fouls per game. They have surrendered 1,309 assists to the opposition so far this season, ranking 16th in basketball. As a team, the Heat defense allows opponents to shoot 47.5% (2,047 of 4,307) and surrenders 42.2 rebounds a game. The team gives up 36.6% on shots from downtown while they are second in the league in points per game (108.2).
With a power ranking of 13, Miami is ranked #30 in offense (scoring an average of 108.63 per game), #2 in defense (allowing an average of 108.37 points to be scored against them per game) and are 29-23 (20-29-3 ATS) this season.
New York Team Statistics
The New York Knicks are 27-25 for the season. As a team, the Knicks commit 21.05 fouls per game and they make 77.5% of their free throws. The team dishes out 22.5 assists per game (28th in the league) and turns the ball over 13.0 times. This season, New York has earned 5,950 points (114.4 points per game) and averages 47.3 rebounds. The Knicks are ranked 25th in the NBA with a 45.8% shooting percentage.
Their defense allows 34.9% on 3-pointers (689 of 1,974) and they allow 76.8% on free throws. As a team, they allow 24.8 dimes and 44.0 boards per game, which are ranked 11th and 19th, respectively. As a team, the Knicks allow 112.7 points per game. They force 12.9 TOs every game and allow teams to shoot 45.4% from the field (3rd in the NBA).
New York Knicks has a power ranking of 2 and are #16 for offense (scoring an average of 114.25 per game), #12 for defense (giving up an average of 112.39 points per game) and 27-25 (26-24-2 ATS) overall. Miami went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against New York.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be MIA 105, NY 108.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Miami will win straight-up is 56%.
- 55% of SportsJaw users predict Miami Heat to cover.
- OddsShark has not made a prediction yet.
- 51% picked Miami Heat on Covers.com
Heat vs Knicks Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, Knicks the Scorecaster predicts Knicks to win tonight's game by 12 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts Knicks to cover the 2 point spread and the total to go and the total to go under 213 points.
Staff Pick NYK ATS (+1.5)
The Heat come into this one currently 6th in the Eastern Conference standings, barley holding on to avoiding the play-in tournament. Bam Adebayo is having a breakout season, averaging a double double. The Knicks come into this one 7th in the Eastern Conference standings, one spot behind the Heat. Jalen Brunson is having a breakout season for New York and was their leading scorer in their last game with 37 points. With the way Brunson is playing and this being a home game for the Knicks, take New York to win and cover the +1.5.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NBA Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Miami are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 6 games.
- Miami are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Miami are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games against New York.
- Miami are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against New York.
- Miami are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against New York.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Miami's last 12 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- Miami are 4-8 ATS in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Division division.
- Miami are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games played in February.
- Miami are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games played on a Thursday.
New York Knicks
- New York are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New York's last 6 games.
- New York are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games.
- New York are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games at home.
- New York are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Miami.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New York's last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of New York's last 10 games against an opponent in the Southeast Division division.
- New York are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games played in February.
- New York are 11-5 SU in their last 16 games played on a Thursday.
Injuries[ - ]
- SGVictor Oladipo (Is downgraded to OUT Thursday vs New York, Ankle)
- PFDuncan Robinson (Is out indefinitely, Finger)
- PGGabe Vincent (Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs New York, Ankle)
- COmer Yurtseven (Is out indefinitely, Ankle)
- SFNikola Jovic (Is out indefinitely, Back)
- PFOrlando Robinson (Is out indefinitely, Thumb)
- PGJalen Brunson (Is OUT Thursday vs Miami, Illness)
- CMitchell Robinson (Is out indefinitely, Thumb)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Knicks have a slightly better offense and the Heat have a slightly better defense. The Heat won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Heat 115 to Knicks 110.
- SG Victor Oladipo Is downgraded to OUT Thursday vs New York, Ankle
- PF Duncan Robinson Is out indefinitely, Finger
- PG Gabe Vincent Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs New York, Ankle
- C Omer Yurtseven Is out indefinitely, Ankle
- SF Nikola Jovic Is out indefinitely, Back
- PF Orlando Robinson Is out indefinitely, Thumb
- PG Jalen Brunson Is OUT Thursday vs Miami, Illness
- C Mitchell Robinson Is out indefinitely, Thumb
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Miami vs New York infographic for details.