Preview & PredictionsDetroit Tigers vs
Los Angeles Dodgers
Detroit Tigers Face the Tough Task of Stopping the Los Angeles Dodgers Winning Streak on Wednesday
This series wraps up Wednesday with the Detroit Tigers facing the Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium with the first pitch set for 10:10 PM ET.
- When: Wednesday, 9/20/2023 @ 10:10pm EST
- Where: Dodger Stadium Stadium
Tigers vs Dodgers Betting Odds
- Moneyline: Tigers +202 | Dodgers -225
- Spread: Tigers +1.5 (+100) | Dodgers -1.5 (-120)
- Total: Over/Under 9 (-110)
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Los Angeles will win straight-up is 69%.
Detroit vs Los Angeles Score Prediction
The Detroit Tigers fell to 70-80 on the season following Monday's defeat at Dodger Stadium, ending a four-game winning streak. The Cats scored thanks to a three-run homer by Jake Rogers in the top of the fifth, however the bullpen yielded three more runs. Detroit is slashing an underwhelming .237/.312/.371 with 17Extra-Base Hits and 14 Home Runs in the past two weeks, however their pitching staff has been solid, posting a 3.57 ERA to go with a 1.12 WHIP and a .203 Batting Average Against. Reese Olson is projected to be the starting pitcher on Wednesday for the Tigers and has a serviceable 4.30 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, and 91/29 K/BB ratio in 92 Innings Pitched.
- The Detroit Tigers fell to 70-80 on the season following Monday's defeat at Dodger Stadium.
- Detroit is slashing an underwhelming .237/.312/.371 with 17 extra-base hits and 14 home runs in the past two weeks, and 447 at-bats.
- Their pitching staff has been solid during that span, posting a 3.57 ERA to go with a 1.12 WHIP and a .203 batting average against.
- Reese Olson is projected to toe the rubber Wednesday in LA.
- Olson has a serviceable 4.30 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, and 91/29 K/BB ratio in 92 innings pitched this season.
- Detroit is ranked 8th in power ranking, 29th in offense (4.03 average points scored/game) and 19th in defense (4.70 average points allowed/game).
Los Angeles Dodgers Analysis
- The Los Angeles Dodgers extended their winning streak to four games with an 8-3 victory over the Tigers, bringing their season record to 92-57.
- JD Martinez homered twice and drove in five runs, while Miguel Rojas went 2-for-3 with a solo homer and two runs scored.
- The Dodgers have a power ranking of 3, and are #2 for offense (averaging 5.68 points/game) and #13 for defense (giving up 4.40 points/game).
- Bobby Miller is scheduled to pitch Wednesday, having a 10-3 record with a 4.02 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, and 99/30 K/BB ratio this season.
- Detroit has gone 2-1 in their last three matchups against the Dodgers.
Reese Olson to Face the Dodgers in Challenge After 4 Strong Starts
Reese Olson has seen a strong performance in his last 4 starts, two of which were against the Chicago White Sox, in which he allowed two earned runs through 13.2 innings. The challenge increases against the Dodgers who have a 128 wRC+ and .216 ISO against right-handed pitchers in their last 10 days, based on 270 plate appearances. On the other side, Bobby Miller is likely to benefit from the matchup, as the Tigers have posted a 79 wRC+ and .116 ISO against the righties in the last 10 days, based on 256 plate appearances. Olson will need to bring his best performance to keep a close game against the Dodgers.
About the Author: I apply a behind the scenes mix of technical analyze of stats, real-time news, and fundamental analysis that helps spot advantages to give me and my clients the edge.