Nationals vs Royals Predictions & Best Bets
The Washington Nationals are traveling to play the Kansas City Royals at the Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium stadium on Saturday, 5/27/2023 @ 4:10pm EST. Josiah Gray (ERA: 2.65) will be the starting pitcher for Nationals and Brady Singer (ERA: 7.48) will be starting for Royals. Kansas City is the betting favorite opening at -110 and the current line is Kansas City -129.
Nationals vs Royals Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Nationals to win today's game by 2 points and the total to go over 9.5 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Washington 6 to Kansas City 4
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Washington Nationals and Kansas City Royals, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- The SportsJaw community predicts Washington Nationals to win (63%)
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Kansas City will win straight-up is 56%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict Kansas City Royals to win and the total score to be 9.5.
- OddsShark predicts Kansas City will win and the total will go under.
- U: 3.5% picked Kansas City Royals on Covers.com
Washington Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 19, Washington is ranked #22 in offense (scoring an average of 4.16 per game), #19 in defense (allowing an average of 4.64 points to be scored against them per game) and are 22-29 this season.
Kansas City Key Betting Stats
Kansas City Royals has a power ranking of 21 and are #26 for offense (scoring an average of 3.88 per game), #28 for defense (giving up an average of 5.31 points per game) and 15-37 overall. Washington went 0-3 in their last 3 matchups against Kansas City.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as MLB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ + ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games.
- Washington are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- Washington are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Kansas City.
- Washington are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Washington's last 7 games when playing on the road against Kansas City.
- Washington are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Washington's last 14 games against an opponent in the American League Central Division division.
Kansas City Royals
- Kansas City are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Kansas City's last 10 games against Washington.
- Kansas City are 6-14 SU in their last 20 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Kansas City's last 7 games when playing at home against Washington.
- Kansas City are 3-11 SU in their last 14 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Kansas City's last 8 games against an opponent in the National League East Division division.
Injuries[ + ]
- SPStephen Strasburg (60-day IL (03/30), Elbow)
- CFVictor Robles (10-day IL (05/07), Back)
- RPVictor Arano (60-day IL (03/30), Shoulder)
- RPTanner Rainey (60-day IL (03/30), Elbow)
- SPCade Cavalli (60-day IL (03/30), Elbow)
- CIsrael Pineda (10-day IL (03/27), Finger)
- CFJackie Bradley Jr. (Is not in the starting lineup Saturday vs Washington Nationals, Rest)
- SPRyan Yarbrough (60-day IL (05/07), Head)
- SPBrad Keller (15-day IL (05/16), Shoulder)
- CFEdward Olivares (Is not in the starting lineup Saturday vs Washington Nationals, Rest)
- SPKris Bubic (60-day IL (04/15); is out for season, Forearm)
- RFKyle Isbel (10-day IL (05/05), Hamstring)
- RPJake Brentz (60-day IL (03/30), Elbow)
- SPDaniel Lynch (15-day IL (03/27); is expected to start Sunday vs Washington Nationals, Shoulder)
- CFDiego Hernandez (60-day IL (03/30), Shoulder)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Nationals will win - view the Washington vs Kansas City infographic for details on this prediction.