Capitals vs Wild Predictions & Best Bets
The Washington Capitals are traveling to play the Minnesota Wild at the Xcel Energy Center stadium on Sunday, 3/19/2023 @ 2:00pm EST. Minnesota is the betting favorite opening at -150 and the current line is Minnesota -138.
Capitals vs Wild Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and stats, the Scorecaster predicts Wild to win today's game by -2 points and the total to go under 6 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Washington 2 to Minnesota 4
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Washington Capitals and Minnesota Wild, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 53% of SportsJaw predicts Minnesota Wild to win.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Minnesota will win straight-up is 58%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict Minnesota Wild to win and the total score to be 6.
- OddsShark predicts Minnesota will win and the total will push.
- O: 2.5% picked Washington Capitals on Covers.com
Washington Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 26, Washington is ranked #20 in offense (scoring an average of 3.11 per game), #15 in defense (allowing an average of 3.06 points to be scored against them per game) and are 33-30-7 this season.
Minnesota Key Betting Stats
Minnesota Wild has a power ranking of 16 and are #22 for offense (scoring an average of 2.99 per game), #3 for defense (giving up an average of 2.69 points per game) and 39-22-8 overall. Washington went 3-0-0 in their last 3 matchups against Minnesota.
- Oregon has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Oregon Ducks to cover the 2 point spread and the total to go over 135 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NHL Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games.
- Washington are 5-11 SU in their last 16 games.
- Washington are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Minnesota.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington's last 6 games on the road.
- Washington are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Minnesota.
- Washington are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 7 games against an opponent in the Central Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games.
- Minnesota are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Minnesota's last 17 games at home.
- Minnesota are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Washington.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Minnesota's last 9 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- Minnesota are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan Division division.
Injuries[ - ]
- LWAlex Ovechkin (Is upgraded to probable Sunday vs Minnesota, Lower Body)
- DJohn Carlson (IR (01/07), Facial)
- LWCarl Hagelin (IR (10/10), Hip)
- GDarcy Kuemper (Is OUT Sunday vs Minnesota, Upper Body)
- RWConnor Brown (Is out indefinitely, Lower Body)
- DNick Jensen (Is OUT Sunday vs Minnesota, Upper Body)
- LWGustav Nyquist (Is out indefinitely, Upper Body)
- LWMarcus Foligno (Is downgraded to OUT Sunday vs Washington, Lower Body)
- DJonas Brodin (Is upgraded to probable Sunday vs Washington, Lower Body)
- DJacob Middleton (Is upgraded to probable Sunday vs Washington, Illness)
- RWBrandon Duhaime (Is upgraded to probable Sunday vs Washington, Concussion)
- LWKirill Kaprizov (Is out indefinitely, Lower Body)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Wild will win - view the Washington vs Minnesota infographic for details on this prediction.