Islanders vs Sharks Predictions & Best Bets
The New York Islanders are traveling to play the San Jose Sharks at the SAP Center at San Jose stadium on Saturday, 3/18/2023 @ 10:30pm EST. New York is the betting favorite opening at -165 and the current line is New York -183.
Islanders vs Sharks Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Islanders to win tonight's game by 2 points and the total to go under 6 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: New York 4 to San Jose 2
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the New York Islanders and San Jose Sharks, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- The SportsJaw community predicts New York Islanders to win (58%)
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that New York will win straight-up is 65%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict New York Islanders to win and the total score to be 6.
- OddsShark predicts NY Islanders will win and the total will go over.
- 73% picked New York Islanders on Covers.com
New York Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 20, New York is ranked #24 in offense (scoring an average of 2.91 per game), #7 in defense (allowing an average of 2.79 points to be scored against them per game) and are 35-27-8 this season.
San Jose Key Betting Stats
San Jose Sharks has a power ranking of 32 and are #25 for offense (scoring an average of 2.88 per game), #31 for defense (giving up an average of 3.84 points per game) and 19-36-14 overall. New York went 2-1-0 in their last 3 matchups against San Jose.
- TCU has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Gonzaga Bulldogs to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go over 156 points.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NHL Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
New York Islanders
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Islanders' last 5 games.
- NY Islanders are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- NY Islanders are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against San Jose.
- NY Islanders are 6-12 SU in their last 18 games on the road.
- NY Islanders are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against San Jose.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of NY Islanders' last 12 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Islanders' last 8 games played in March.
San Jose Sharks
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose's last 6 games.
- San Jose are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose's last 7 games against NY Islanders.
- San Jose are 0-8 SU in their last 8 games at home.
- San Jose are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against NY Islanders.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose's last 7 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Jose's last 9 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan Division division.
Injuries[ - ]
- LWJosh Bailey (Is "?" Saturday vs San Jose, Illness)
- CCasey Cizikas (Is "?" Saturday vs San Jose, Illness)
- CMathew Barzal (Is out indefinitely, Lower Body)
- LWOtto Koivula (Left last game, is "?" Saturday vs San Jose, Lower Body)
- RWOliver Wahlstrom (Is out for season, Head)
- DMarkus Nutivaara (IR (10/10), Lower Body)
- RWEvgeny Svechnikov (Is "?" Saturday vs NY Islanders, Undisclosed)
- DJacob MacDonald (Is out indefinitely, Upper Body)
- LWJonah Gadjovich (Is out indefinitely, Upper Body)
- CLuke Kunin (Is out for season, ACL)
- DRadim Simek (Is out indefinitely, Concussion)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the New York vs San Jose infographic for details.