Florida Atlantic vs UAB Predictions
Florida Atlantic is on the road playing UAB at the Bartow Arena stadium on Thursday, 2/2/2023 @ 7:00pm EST. UAB is the betting favorite opening at 0 and the line hasn't moved.
A Conference USA matchup between the 19th-ranked Florida Atlantic Owls and the UAB Blazers takes place at Bartow Arena on Wednesday. After a 70-63 home win over the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers on Saturday, the Owls are 21-1 (11-0) and on a massive 20-game winning streak. After beating the Rice Owls 70-52 on Saturday, the Blazers are on a two-game winning streak at 15-7 (6-5) so far. The Owls defeated the Blazers 88-86 at home on Jan. 5 in a matchup between these programs.
The Florida Atlantic Owls have been playing extremely well and defeated the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 70-63 at home. Their overall shooting percentage was 37.1%, their three-point percentage was 34.2%, and they made 17 free throws. Brandon Weatherspoon was the team's top scorer, scoring 11 points and grabbing 6 rebounds in just 18 minutes on the court. Their defense needs to continue to improve as they allowed 36.5 percent shooting from the field and 15.4 percent from deep. Over the course of the game, Florida Atlantic managed to steal five balls and block two.
The University of Alabama is doing well
A 33-15 halftime lead definitely helped the UAB Blazers coming off a dominant 70-52 road win against the Rice Owls. Throughout the game, they shot 43.1 percent, 42.9 percent from beyond the arc, and 19 free throws. Despite playing only 38 minutes, KJ Buffenlee scored 20 points, grabbed 10 rebounds, assisted three times, stole three times, and committed three turnovers. Their defense held up as the Owls shot 33.3% from the floor, 30.8 percent from three, and attempted seven free throws. During the game, the Blazers managed to steal 12 balls and block three shots.
Florida Atlantic is 39th in the nation with a +15.67 KenPom adjusted efficiency margin this season while UAB is 71st in the sport with a +10.85 adjusted efficiency margin. When comparing the offenses of the last few games, the Owls are averaging 76.3 points in their last four games, while the Blazers are averaging 62.3 points. As a result, the Florida Atlantic Owls cover the spread.
Owls vs Blazers Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and stats, the Scorecaster predicts Blazers to win tonight's game by 20 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts Blazers to cover the 0 point spread and the total to go over 147.5 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Florida Atlantic 69 to UAB 89
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Florida Atlantic Owls and UAB Blazers, plus recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be FLAAT 73.75, UAB 73.75.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that UAB will win straight-up is 51%.
- 54% of SportsJaw players predict UAB Blazers to cover.
- OddsShark has not made a prediction yet.
- 63% picked UAB Blazers on Covers.com
Florida Atlantic Highlights
With a power ranking of 78, Florida Atlantic is ranked #51 in offense (scoring an average of 77.81 per game), #38 in defense (allowing an average of 63.57 points to be scored against them per game) and are 21-1 (15-4-1 ATS) this season.
UAB Blazers has a power ranking of 96 and are #13 for offense (scoring an average of 82.57 per game), #238 for defense (giving up an average of 71.29 points per game) and 15-7 (7-13-1 ATS) overall. Florida Atlantic went 2-1 (1-1-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against UAB.
Florida Atlantic Offensive Stats
- The Owls are ranked #51 in offense scoring an average of 77.81 per game.
- The Owls hit an average of 47.15% of their field goals (ranked #49 in the NCAAB) and 69.92% of their free throws (ranked #225 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Florida Atlantic makes an average of 37.41% of their three pointers (ranked #39 in the NCAAB).
- Florida Atlantic averages 39.19 rebounds per game (ranked # 24 in the NCAAB).
- The Owls average 15.10 offensive assists and 12.05 turnovers per game (ranked # 58 and 108 respectively).
UAB Offensive Stats
- The Blazers are ranked #51 in offense scoring an average of 77.81 per game.
- The Blazers hit an average of 45.26% of their field goals (ranked #142 in the NCAAB) and 73.02% of their free throws (ranked #123 in the NCAAB) per game.
- UAB makes an average of 34.88% of their three pointers (ranked #143 in the NCAAB).
- UAB averages 41.24 rebounds per game (ranked # 3 in the NCAAB).
- The Blazers average 15.38 offensive assists and 13.00 turnovers per game (ranked # 58 and 209 respectively).
Florida Atlantic Defensive Stats
- The Owls are ranked #51 in defense allowing an average of 77.81 points to be scored on them per game.
- The Owls allow an average of 40.16% field goals (ranked #37 in the NCAAB) and 70.79% free throws (ranked #181 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Florida Atlantic allows an average of 33.58% of the three pointers (ranked #188 in the NCAAB).
- Florida Atlantic averages 32.57 rebounds per game (ranked # 32.57 in the NCAAB).
- The Owls average 8.38 defensive assists and 12.90 turnovers per game (ranked # 4 and 189 respectively).
UAB Defensive Stats
- The Blazers are ranked #51 in defense allowing an average of 77.81 points to be scored on them per game.
- The Blazers allow an average of 41.70% field goals (ranked #92 in the NCAAB) and 70.84% of the free throws (ranked #183 in the NCAAB) per game.
- UAB allows an average of 34.04% of their three pointers (ranked #216 in the NCAAB).
- UAB averages 35.05 rebounds per game (ranked # 35.05 in the NCAAB).
- The Blazers average 12.71 defensive assists and 15.38 turnovers per game (ranked # 4 and 46 respectively).
- Blazers has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts Blazers to cover the 0 point spread and the total to go over 147.5 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Florida Atlantic Owls
- Florida Atlantic are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Florida Atlantic's last 9 games.
- Florida Atlantic are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games.
- Florida Atlantic are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games against UAB.
- Florida Atlantic are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games against UAB.
- Florida Atlantic are 8-0 SU in their last 8 games on the road.
- Florida Atlantic are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against UAB.
- Florida Atlantic are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- Florida Atlantic are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Florida Atlantic's last 9 games played in February.
- UAB are 3-11-1 ATS in their last 15 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of UAB's last 20 games.
- UAB are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games.
- UAB are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games at home.
- UAB are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Florida Atlantic.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of UAB's last 16 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of UAB's last 5 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- UAB are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in February.
- UAB are 12-1 SU in their last 13 games played on a Thursday.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Owls will cover the spread - view the Florida Atlantic vs UAB infographic for details on this prediction.
The Blazers have a slightly better offense and the Owls have a stronger defense. The Blazers won more over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Owls 76 to Blazers 72.
- F Javian Davis Is "?" Thursday vs Fla Atlantic, Suspension
- F Ty Brewer Is "?" Thursday vs Fla Atlantic, Suspension
- G Jelly Walker Is "?" Thursday vs Fla Atlantic, Leg