Evansville vs Valparaiso Basketball Predictions & Best Bets
Evansville is on the road playing Valparaiso at the Athletics-Recreation Center stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 7:00pm EST. Valparaiso -9 was the opening favorite and current line is Valparaiso -9.5.
Statistics for Valparaiso
A three-game winning streak for Valparaiso ended with its last loss. When the Beacons host Evansville (4-18, 0-11) on Saturday, they are likely to get back on track. With a 76-69 victory over Evansville, the Beacons began a recent winning streak. Before their win over Evansville, Valparaiso had lost five consecutive games. As a team, Valparaiso is led by Ben Krikke, who scores 17.6 points and six rebounds per game. Currently, Kobe King is scoring 16.9 points per game. The average number of points Quinton Green scores per game is 11. Among starters, Krikke is shooting 53 percent and is the only one over 50 percent. Averaging 34 percent from three-point range, Green has made 52 three-pointers. From behind the arc, the Beacons shoot 30 percent, while overall they shoot 43 percent. Three-pointers account for 137 of their points.
Despite Evansville's nine-game losing streak, four of those losses were by less than 10 points. A five-game losing skid was also experienced by the Purple Aces early in the season. Evansville averages 62 points per game, 10.3 assists per game, and 32.2 rebounds per game. Against the Aces, 75 points are given up per game. In addition to being on the negative side of the scoring margin, Valparaiso is giving up 72.3 points per game. This is averaging 68.5. Evansville's Kenny Strawbridge leads the team with 15.1 points per game. Yacine Toumi and Marvin Coleman both average 10 points per game. Among the starters, only one shoots better than 40 percent. As a team, the team is shooting 39 percent and 32 percent from beyond the arc. With 136 three-pointers, the Purple Aces are fairly evenly distributed.
This game is being played at home by the Beacons. It's important to note that the Beacons are playing a Purple Aces team that has struggled recently and those struggles will definitely have an impact on this game here as the Valparaiso team is able to bring home the win. 67-60 is the final score prediction for Valparaiso Beacons.
With a power ranking of 356, Evansville is ranked #354 in offense (scoring an average of 61.86 per game), #321 in defense (allowing an average of 75.29 points to be scored against them per game) and are 4-18 (8-14 ATS) this season.
Valparaiso Crusaders has a power ranking of 204 and are #257 for offense (scoring an average of 68.57 per game), #263 for defense (giving up an average of 75.29 points per game) and 9-13 (8-13 ATS) overall. Evansville went 3-0 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Valparaiso.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be EVANS 78.5, VALPO 59.5.
- 54% of SportsJaw predicts Valparaiso Crusaders to cover.
- OddsShark has not made their prediction yet.
- 66% picked Valparaiso Crusaders on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Aces 53 to Beacons 79.
Our prediction: Aces 53 to Beacons 79.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Evansville are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Evansville's last 12 games.
- Evansville are 0-9 SU in their last 9 games.
- Evansville are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games against Valparaiso.
- Evansville are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Valparaiso.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Evansville's last 5 games on the road.
- Evansville are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Valparaiso.
- Evansville are 0-19 SU in their last 19 games against an opponent in the Missouri Valley conference.
- Evansville are 0-10 SU in their last 10 games played in January.
- Evansville are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Valparaiso's last 6 games.
- Valparaiso are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Valparaiso's last 5 games against Evansville.
- Valparaiso are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games when playing at home against Evansville.
- Valparaiso are 3-9 SU in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Missouri Valley conference.
- Valparaiso are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games played in January.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Valparaiso's last 10 games played on a Saturday.
- Valparaiso are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- FSekou Kalle (Is "?" Saturday vs Valparaiso, Shoulder)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Beacons have a slightly better offense and the Beacons have a slightly better defense. The Beacons won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Aces 59 to Beacons 78.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Crusaders will cover the spread - view the Evansville vs Valparaiso infographic for details on this prediction.