Texas vs Tennessee Prediction, Odds and Best Bets
Texas is on the road playing Tennessee at the Thompson-Boling Arena stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 6:00pm EST. Tennessee -7.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Tennessee -5.5.
With a power ranking of 162, Texas is ranked #24 in offense (scoring an average of 80.50 per game), #115 in defense (allowing an average of 66.80 points to be scored against them per game) and are 17-3 (8-12 ATS) this season.
Tennessee Volunteers has a power ranking of 27 and are #132 for offense (scoring an average of 74.26 per game), #2 for defense (giving up an average of 66.80 points per game) and 17-3 (12-8 ATS) overall. Texas went 1-2 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Tennessee.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be TEXAS 72.25, TENN 61.25.
- The SportsJaw community predicts Texas Longhorns to cover (53%)
- OddsShark predicts Tennessee will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Longhorns 59 to Volunteers 84.
Our prediction: Longhorns 59 to Volunteers 84.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Texas are 5-10 ATS in their last 15 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Texas' last 12 games.
- Texas are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Texas' last 11 games on the road.
- Texas are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Texas are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games played in January.
- Texas are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games played on a Saturday.
- Texas are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games played on a Saturday when playing on the road.
- Tennessee are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games.
- Tennessee are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tennessee's last 5 games against Texas.
- Tennessee are 19-1 SU in their last 20 games at home.
- Tennessee are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Tennessee are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games played in January.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Tennessee's last 9 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Tennessee's last 8 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
- GD.J. Jefferson (Is out for season, Redshirt)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Longhorns have a slightly better offense and the Volunteers have a significantly better defense. The Longhorns won more games straight up while Volunteers won more ATS over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Longhorns 65 to Volunteers 73.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Volunteers will cover the spread - view the Texas vs Tennessee infographic for details on this prediction.