Nebraska vs Maryland Basketball Predictions & Best Bets
Nebraska is on the road playing Maryland at the Xfinity Center stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 4:30pm EST. Maryland -9.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Maryland -11.5.
The Terps (13-7 SU, 7-14 ATS, 4-5 B10, 38 NCAA Net Rankings) host Nebraska (10-11 SU, 7-14 ATS, 3-7 B10, 100 NCAA Net Rankings) at 4:30pm ET at the Xfinity Center. The Terps won 90-74 in a road game last season as a 1.5-point favorite.
The PAC 10 continues to struggle
Nebraska has never been a good fit in Conference 10 basketball, plus they aren't a very comfortable fit in football either. However, at least they have Big 10 Network money. In terms of beating Iowa (66-50) at home and Ohio State (63-60) at home, the Cornhuskers have played well. In their last game at home, Northwestern beat them 78-63 by 2.5 points as a 2.5-point home favorite. Keisei Tominaga led Nebraska with 22 points on 9-of-17 shooting, but Northwestern shot 52% from the field. The team forced 15 turnovers, but committed 16 as well.
It's a good time to be a Terp
The Maryland Terrapins are vying for an NCAA bid, but they need to play better on the road if they want to secure the bid. A strong 10-1 record can be found at home, while a disappointing 1-5 record can be found on the road. Purdue, Iowa, Rutgers and Michigan have been tough opponents on the road, but they lost to the Boilermakers just by three points on Jan. 22. Taking that step was a good start. The team traveled to Ann Arbor on New Year's Day and lost 81-46. The Terps got revenge 64-58 on Jan. 19 when Michigan returned. Wisconsin (who played Northwestern on Monday) was beaten 73-55 on Jan. 25. 32-22, they outrebounded the Badgers with 56% shooting.
The team's rotation has been limited by injuries, which hinder their ability to rebound. At 6-9.2, Derrick Walker is not as large as some other centers in the league, so Reese should take advantage of that. Those two games before, Reese had great success against the likes of 7-4 Zach Edey, so that's a big advantage. With many returning students from winter break in College Park, the Terps' pressure defense will also be crucial in this game.
With a power ranking of 352, Nebraska is ranked #317 in offense (scoring an average of 66.15 per game), #126 in defense (allowing an average of 67.25 points to be scored against them per game) and are 10-11 (7-14 ATS) this season.
Maryland Terrapins has a power ranking of 236 and are #209 for offense (scoring an average of 70.26 per game), #49 for defense (giving up an average of 67.25 points per game) and 13-7 (13-7 ATS) overall. Nebraska went 3-0 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Maryland.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be NEBRS 76.75, MARYL 53.75.
- The SportsJaw community predicts Nebraska Cornhuskers to cover (51%)
- OddsShark predicts Maryland will win, nebraska will cover, and the total will go over.
- 67% picked Maryland Terrapins on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Cornhuskers 64 to Terrapins 76.
Our prediction: Cornhuskers 64 to Terrapins 76.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Nebraska are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Nebraska's last 20 games.
- Nebraska are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- Nebraska are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games against Maryland.
- Nebraska are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games against Maryland.
- Nebraska are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- Nebraska are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Maryland.
- Nebraska are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Nebraska are 2-18 SU in their last 20 games played in January.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Nebraska's last 7 games played on a Saturday when on the road.
- Maryland are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Maryland's last 14 games.
- Maryland are 13-7 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Maryland's last 9 games against Nebraska.
- Maryland are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Maryland are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Nebraska.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Maryland's last 9 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Maryland's last 9 games played in January.
- Maryland are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games played on a Saturday.
Injuries[ - ]
- FJuwan Gary (Is out for season, Shoulder)
- GEmmanuel Bandoumel (Is out for season, Knee)
- GRamel Lloyd Jr. (Is out for season, Redshirt)
- FBlaise Keita (Is out indefinitely, Ankle)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Terrapins have a slightly better offense and the Terrapins have a slightly better defense. The Terrapins won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Cornhuskers 68 to Terrapins 72.
- F Juwan Gary Is out for season, Shoulder
- G Emmanuel Bandoumel Is out for season, Knee
- G Ramel Lloyd Jr. Is out for season, Redshirt
- F Blaise Keita Is out indefinitely, Ankle
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Nebraska vs Maryland infographic for details.