Iowa St. vs Missouri Basketball Predictions & Best Bets
Iowa St. is on the road playing Missouri at the Mizzou Arena stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 2:00pm EST. Iowa St. -1.5 was the opening favorite and line hasn't moved.
The Iowa State Cyclones will take on the Missouri Tigers in the SEC/Power 12 Challenge at Mizzou Arena on Saturday afternoon. On Tuesday, the Cyclones defeated the Kansas State Wildcats 80-76 at home to improve to 15-4 on the season. As of this point, the Tigers are 15-5 and are coming off an 89-77 road victory over the Ole Miss Rebels on Tuesday. There will be no other meeting between these programs.
The Iowa State Hawkeyes are dominating this season
As the Iowa State Cyclones defeated the Kansas State Wildcats 80-76 at home, it was a good night for the Cyclones. They outscored Kansas State 49-43 in the second half as a result of their outstanding performance. In total, they made 28 of 49 field goals (57.1 percent), 5 of 16 three-pointers (31.3 percent), and 25 free throws. During his 38 minutes on the court, Jaren Holmes scored 23 points, grabbed three rebounds, assisted seven times, stole one, and blocked one shot. Defensively, they allowed five-and-a-half percent shooting from the floor and five-and-a-half percent from beyond the arc. With eight steals and five blocks, the Hawkeyes forced 14 turnovers throughout the game.
Improvements are being made by the Tigers
Against the Ole Miss Rebels, the Missouri Tigers scored 47 points in the first half to win 89-77. The team shot 55.4 percent throughout the game, 53.3 percent from beyond the arc, and 13 free throws. In 29 minutes of play, D'Moi Hodge led Missouri with 24 points, four rebounds, two assists, and one steal. Despite stellar defense, the Rebels shot 44.3 percent from the floor, 35.7 percent from three, and made 18 free throws. The Tigers recorded 11 steals and zero blocks during the game.
A current poll shows the Missouri Tigers unranked, while the Iowa State Cyclones are ranked 12th. The assist-to-turnover ratio for Iowa State is 1.254, while Missouri's is 1.478, ranking 12th in the nation. The Cyclones surrendered 63.2 points per game in their last five games before this game, while the Tigers surrendered 78.6 points per game.
Iowa St. Highlights
With a power ranking of 26, Iowa St. is ranked #186 in offense (scoring an average of 71.50 per game), #9 in defense (allowing an average of 59.50 points to be scored against them per game) and are 14-4 (11-7 ATS) this season.
Missouri Tigers has a power ranking of 287 and are #12 for offense (scoring an average of 83.35 per game), #334 for defense (giving up an average of 59.50 points per game) and 15-5 (11-9 ATS) overall. Iowa St. went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Missouri.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be IOWAS 70, MIZZU 73.
- The SportsJaw community predicts Iowa St. Cyclones to cover (54%)
- OddsShark predicts Iowa State will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 62% picked Iowa St. Cyclones on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Cyclones 77 to Tigers 80.
Our prediction: Cyclones 77 to Tigers 80.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Iowa St. Cyclones
- Iowa State are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Iowa State's last 8 games.
- Iowa State are 14-4 SU in their last 18 games.
- Iowa State are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games against Missouri.
- Iowa State are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- Iowa State are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Missouri.
- Iowa State are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Iowa State are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games played in January.
- Missouri are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Missouri are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Missouri's last 9 games against Iowa State.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Missouri's last 7 games at home.
- Missouri are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Iowa State.
- Missouri are 0-9 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Missouri are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games played in January.
- Missouri are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Missouri's last 6 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- FAljaz Kunc (Is out indefinitely, Finger)
- GTre Gomillion (Is downgraded to OUT Saturday vs Iowa State, Groin)
- FMabor Majak (Is "?" Saturday vs Iowa State, Quarantine)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
There’s a reason why the Iowa State Cyclones are 12th in the sport while the Missouri Tigers are unranked right now. When diving into the assist-to-turnover ratio throughout the season, there is a mixture as Iowa State is 51st in the sport with a 1.254 ratio while Missouri is 12th in the nation with a 1.478 ratio up to this point. Looking at the defenses in the last five games before this matchup, the Cyclones are allowing 63.2 points per game while the Tigers are giving up 78.6 points per game. All in all, go with the Iowa State Cyclones to cover the spread in this game.
The Tigers have a significantly better offense and the Cyclones have a significantly better defense. The Cyclones won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Cyclones 74 to Tigers 70.
- G Tre Gomillion Is downgraded to OUT Saturday vs Iowa State, Groin
- F Mabor Majak Is "?" Saturday vs Iowa State, Quarantine
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Iowa St. vs Missouri infographic for details.