La Salle vs Rhode Island Prediction, Odds and Best Bets
La Salle is on the road playing Rhode Island at the Thomas M. Ryan Center stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 2:00pm EST. Rhode Island -6.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Rhode Island -6.
On Saturday, the La Salle Explorers will travel to Rhode Island to play the Rhode Island Rams. La Salle enters play with an 8-12 record and a 5-3 record in the A-10. With a record of 3-5, URI is one game ahead of La Salle in the A-10 standings with a record of 7-13. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. EST for this A-10 game.
We're aiming for the sweep
La Salle comes into this matchup on a four-game losing streak but has a chance to complete the season sweep over URI after beating them 77-75 in overtime in the first game. Daeshon Shepherd led La Salle with a career-high 14 points in the loss as the Explorers fell to Davidson 64-57 on Tuesday night. For the game, the Explorers had four players in double figures. In addition to Hassan Drame's 11 points, Fouseyni Drame and Andres Marrero each had 10 points. A 34% field goal percentage was all La Salle could muster in the loss. In order to jump the Rams in the A-10 standings, La Salle hopes to complete the season sweep of URI. In terms of scoring offense, the Explorers are ranked 234th in the nation. With a field goal percentage of 322nd and a three-point field goal percentage of 259th, they have struggled to score. Currently, they are fifth in the conference in turnovers. Despite its 12th-ranked scoring defense, La Salle has the 312th-best three-point defense in the country. The La Salle Boards rank 172nd in the country.
Rebound by the Rams
In a 75-70 home win over a quality Dayton team, URI improved to 7-13 overall and 3-5 in the A-10. As a team, the Rams were led by their backcourt, as guards Ishael Leggett, Brayon Freeman, and Jalen Carey combined for 58 points. Before taking the lead that the team would never surrender, Rhode Island fell behind by as many as 11 points in the first half. As a result, Leggett led the way with 25 points, including an 11-of-11 free throw performance. With 21 points, six rebounds, and four steals, Freeman finished with a total of 21 points. Carey had 12 points and eight rebounds. With a 46% shooting percentage and a 32-26 rebounding advantage, URI won the game. By splitting the season series, Rhode Island hopes to return the favor to La Salle. Nationwide, URI has the 261st-highest scoring offense. URI has struggled to put the ball in the basket like the Explorers. According to the NCAA, URI's field goal percentage is 340th and its 3-point field goal percentage is 325th.
Despite not winning a road game this season, the Rams have been effective at home with a 6-5 record. Although URI won the rebounding battle against La Salle, it was outscored 40-38 in the paint, surprising for a team that thrives inside. The Explorers won't be able to repeat their performance in the rematch. After keeping opponents' field goal percentage down this season, Rhode Island now faces La Salle, which ranks 322nd in the country in field goal percentage and shot just 33% in its last game. This game should be won by URI by dominating the glass and limiting La Salle's chances for second chances. This game is being played at home, so support the home team.
La Salle Highlights
With a power ranking of 286, La Salle is ranked #276 in offense (scoring an average of 68.00 per game), #281 in defense (allowing an average of 73.10 points to be scored against them per game) and are 8-12 (9-10-1 ATS) this season.
Rhode Island Highlights
Rhode Island Rams has a power ranking of 298 and are #305 for offense (scoring an average of 66.95 per game), #203 for defense (giving up an average of 73.10 points per game) and 7-13 (8-12 ATS) overall. La Salle went 2-1 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Rhode Island.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be LASAL 75, RHODEI 63.
- 51% of SportsJaw users predict La Salle Explorers to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is Rhode Island will win, la salle will cover, and the total will go over.
- 53% picked Rhode Island Rams on Covers.com
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Explorers 68 to Rams 84.
Our prediction: Explorers 68 to Rams 84.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
La Salle Explorers
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of La Salle's last 9 games.
- La Salle are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- La Salle are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games against Rhode Island.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of La Salle's last 8 games on the road.
- La Salle are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Rhode Island.
- La Salle are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Atlantic 10 conference.
- La Salle are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games played in January.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of La Salle's last 20 games played on a Saturday.
Rhode Island Rams
- Rhode Island are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Rhode Island's last 11 games.
- Rhode Island are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Rhode Island's last 5 games against La Salle.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Rhode Island's last 6 games at home.
- Rhode Island are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games when playing at home against La Salle.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Rhode Island's last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic 10 conference.
- Rhode Island are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games played in January.
- Rhode Island are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games played on a Saturday.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
- FJosaphat Bilau (Is out for season, Knee)
- CJeremy Foumena (Is out for season, Redshirt)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
Both teams have a compariable offense and the Rams have a slightly better defense. The Rams won more games straight up while Explorers won more ATS over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Explorers 71 to Rams 71.
Rhode Island Injuries
- F Josaphat Bilau Is out for season, Knee
- C Jeremy Foumena Is out for season, Redshirt
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 75% confidence Explorers will cover the spread - view the La Salle vs Rhode Island infographic for details on this prediction.