Mercer vs The Citadel Basketball Predictions & Best Bets
Mercer is on the road playing The Citadel at the McAlister Field House stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 1:00pm EST. Mercer -1 was the opening favorite and current line is Mercer -2.
There have been 22 games played by the Mercer Bears and they have an overall record of 10-12. With a record of 4-8, the Bears are playing their 12th game on the road. The Mercer Bears sit at 6-3 this season, having been favored to win in 9 of their games. There is a -1.5 point betting line set in favor of Mercer for today's contest. Today's game will feature Jalyn McCreary as the Bears' top scorer with 14.82 points per game. Aside from his scoring contributions, McCreary is Mercer's top rebounder with 5.45 boards per game. As a result of McCreary's strong play, Kamar Robertson, who scores 12.0 points per game, has also contributed to the team's success. His overall shooting percentage is 48.6%, and he averages 2.63 boards per game.
With an overall record of 9-12 and a 2 game winning streak, The Citadel will take the floor today. The Bulldogs have been home 9 times, sitting with a 4-5 record. In 16 straight matches, the Bulldogs have been underdogs, winning 5-11. According to the spread, they are underdogs by +1.5 heading into today's game. In today's game, Stephen Clark led the Bulldogs in scoring with 16.95 points. At 6.71 rebounds per game, Clark leads Citadel in rebounding as well as scoring. The team has benefited from the strong play of Austin Ash, who is second in scoring on the team with 15.0 points per game. His overall shooting percentage is 38.6%, and he adds 5.24 boards per game to his stat line.
Three-point shooting will be a key factor in this matchup. In terms of 3-point shooting, Mercer and Citadel are both excellent teams, averaging 8.12 and 10.71 made threes per game, respectively. In terms of the odds, we expect the Citadel Bulldogs to cover by +1.5 points. Make things difficult for Mercer by closing out on the Bears' outside shooters. We like Citadel's chances of covering the spread as an underdog at +1.5.
With a power ranking of 304, Mercer is ranked #215 in offense (scoring an average of 70.05 per game), #160 in defense (allowing an average of 68.48 points to be scored against them per game) and are 10-12 (7-13 ATS) this season.
The Citadel Highlights
The Citadel Bulldogs has a power ranking of 354 and are #242 for offense (scoring an average of 68.90 per game), #306 for defense (giving up an average of 68.48 points per game) and 9-12 (10-8-2 ATS) overall. Mercer went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against The Citadel.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be MERCR 65.75, CITDL 69.75.
- The SportsJaw community predicts Mercer Bears to cover (51%)
- OddsShark predicts Mercer will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 63% picked The Citadel Bulldogs on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Bears 81 to Bulldogs 68.
Our prediction: Bears 81 to Bulldogs 68.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Mercer are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Mercer's last 16 games.
- Mercer are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games.
- Mercer are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against The Citadel.
- Mercer are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against The Citadel.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Mercer's last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Mercer's last 6 games when playing on the road against The Citadel.
- Mercer are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Southern conference.
- Mercer are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games played in January.
- Mercer are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games played on a Saturday.
The Citadel Bulldogs
- The Citadel are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of The Citadel's last 9 games.
- The Citadel are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of The Citadel's last 10 games against Mercer.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of The Citadel's last 10 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of The Citadel's last 6 games when playing at home against Mercer.
- The Citadel are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southern conference.
- The Citadel are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played in January.
- The Citadel are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games played on a Saturday.
- The Citadel are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- GKamar Robertson (Is "?" Saturday vs The Citadel, Undisclosed)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
Both teams have a compariable offense and the Bears have a slightly better defense. The Bears won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Bears 73 to Bulldogs 70.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Bears will cover the spread - view the Mercer vs The Citadel infographic for details on this prediction.