Magic vs Lakers Predictions
The Orlando Magic are on the road playing the Los Angeles Lakers at the Crypto.com Arena stadium on Sunday, 3/19/2023 @ 9:30pm EST. Los Angeles is the betting favorite opening at -6.5 and the line hasn't moved.
Magic vs Lakers Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Lakers to win tonight's game by 3 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the Orlando Magic to cover the 6.5 point spread and the total to go under 230 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Orlando 107 to Los Angeles 110
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 54% of SportsJaw players predict Los Angeles Lakers to cover the spread.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Los Angeles will win straight-up is 72%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be ORL 108.5, LAL 121.5.
- OddsShark's prediction is LA Lakers will win, orlando will cover, and the total will go under.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
Orlando Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 21, Orlando is ranked #26 in offense (scoring an average of 111.61 per game), #17 in defense (allowing an average of 114.57 points to be scored against them per game) and are 29-42 (38-30-3 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Magic hit an average of 47.09% of their field goals (ranked #18) and 78.49% of their free throws (ranked #16) and makes an average of 34.68% of their three pointers ranked #23 in the NBA). They average 42.90 rebounds per game (ranked # 19) and average 22.93 offensive assists and 14.34 turnovers per game (ranked # 27 and 24 respectively).
Defensively speaking, Orlando allows an average of 47.88% field goals (ranked #20) and 79.34% free throws (ranked #25 in the NBA) The Magic allow an average of 35.31% of the three pointers (ranked #10) and averages 41.90 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 41.90) Finally, the Magic average 25.97 defensive assists and 14.11 turnovers per game (ranked # 24 and 9 respectively).
Los Angeles Key Betting Stats
Los Angeles Lakers has a power ranking of 20 and are #8 for offense (scoring an average of 116.49 per game), #21 for defense (giving up an average of 116.96 points per game) and 34-37 (34-35-2 ATS) overall. Orlando went 3-0 (3-0 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Los Angeles.
For offense, the Lakers hit an average of 47.85% of their field goals (ranked #10) and 77.78% of their free throws (ranked #19) and makes an average of 33.92% of their three pointers (ranked #28 in the NBA). They average 45.46 rebounds per game (ranked # 5) and average 25.11 offensive assists and 13.52 turnovers per game (ranked # 15) and 16 respectively).
On defense, Los Angeles allows an average of 46.86% field goals (ranked #10) and 76.80% free throws (ranked #4 in the NBA) The Lakers allow an average of 34.23% of the three pointers (ranked #2) and averages 45.38 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 45.38) Finally, the Lakers average 25.62 defensive assists and 12.20 turnovers per game (ranked # 15 and 26 respectively).
- Orlando has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Orlando Magic to cover the 6.5 point spread and the total to go under 230 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NBA experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NBA Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Orlando's last 7 games.
- Orlando are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games.
- Orlando are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against LA Lakers.
- Orlando are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Orlando's last 9 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Orlando's last 5 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- Orlando are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Pacific Division division.
- Orlando are 3-10 SU in their last 13 games played in March.
Los Angeles Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of LA Lakers' last 13 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of LA Lakers' last 18 games against Orlando.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of LA Lakers' last 9 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of LA Lakers' last 9 games when playing at home against Orlando.
- LA Lakers are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- LA Lakers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeast Division division.
- LA Lakers are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games played on a Sunday.
- LA Lakers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing as the favourite.
Injuries[ - ]
- PFJonathan Isaac (Is out for season, Hamstring)
- PGJalen Suggs (Is OUT Sunday vs LA Lakers, Concussion)
- SFLeBron James (Is out indefinitely, Foot)
- PFAnthony Davis (Is probable Sunday vs Orlando, Foot)
- CMohamed Bamba (Is out indefinitely, Ankle)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Lakers have a slightly better offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Lakers won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Magic 116 to Lakers 112.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 38% confidence Lakers will cover the spread - view the Orlando vs Los Angeles infographic for details on this prediction.