Clippers vs Bucks Picks & Predictions
Los Angeles is on the road playing Milwaukee at the Fiserv Forum stadium on Thursday, 2/2/2023 @ 10:00pm EST. Milwaukee is the betting favorite opening at -4.5 and the line hasn't moved.
Clippers vs Bucks Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, Bucks the Scorecaster predicts Bucks to win tonight's game by 32 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts Bucks to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go and the total to go under 230 points.
Staff Pick LAC ATS (+4.5)
The Clippers come into this one having won 6 of their last 7 games. Since Kawhi Leonard and Paul George have come back from injury they have turned their season around. The Bucks come into this game on fire having won 7 of their last 8 games. They are currently 2nd in the Eastern Conference standings and are a legit threat to win the NBA finals. The Clippers are playing well with their stars back, so I expect them to at least cover the +4.5 if not win the game straight up.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be LAC 119.5, MIL 110.5.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Milwaukee will win straight-up is 64%.
- 52% of SportsJaw players predict Milwaukee Bucks to cover.
- OddsShark has not made a prediction yet.
- 69% picked Milwaukee Bucks on Covers.com
Los Angeles Team Statistics
As of this matchup, Los Angeles is 29-25 on the season. As a team, they score 110.6 points per game (28th in the league), connecting on 46.8% of their shots from the field. As a team, the Clippers shoot 37.7% on shots beyond the perimeter (680 of 1,806) and 77.1% from the free throw line. Los Angeles has averaged 43.7 rebounds per game and has 1,235 assists, which ranks 20th in passing the ball in the league. As a team, they commit 19.6 fouls per game and lose possession via turnover 14.5 times.
As a team, the Clippers force their opponents into 13.0 turnovers per game, and they draw 19.2 personal fouls per game. With 1,314 assists surrendered to the opposition this season, they are 21st in the NBA. As a team, the Clippers surrender 46.7% (2,200 of 4,708) and 42.9 rebounds per contest. As a team, they surrender 35.7% on their shots from beyond the arc, and they rank 3rd in points per game (110.5).
With a power ranking of 15, Los Angeles is ranked #28 in offense (scoring an average of 110.70 per game), #3 in defense (allowing an average of 110.68 points to be scored against them per game) and are 29-25 (27-27 ATS) this season.
Milwaukee Team Statistics
The Milwaukee Bucks have a 34-17 record for the season. Every game, the Bucks commit 18.4 personal fouls and shoot 73.9% from the free throw line. They assist teammates 24.8 times per game (17th in the NBA) and turn the ball over 15.3 times. The Milwaukee Bucks have scored 5,827 points this season (114.3 per game) and average 48.8 boards per game. Offensively, the Bucks are hitting 46.1% of their shots, ranking 23rd in the league.
Milwaukee's defense gives up 35.0% on shots from beyond the arc (596 of 1,705), while their opponents make 77.8% of their free throws. The team surrenders 23.1 assists and 44.3 boards per game, which is third and 23rd respectively. With 111.9 PPG given up, the Bucks rank 7th in the NBA in PPG given up. The team forces 12.4 turnovers per game and lets teams shoot 45.5% from the field (4th in the league).
Milwaukee Bucks has a power ranking of 10 and are #18 for offense (scoring an average of 114.06 per game), #7 for defense (giving up an average of 111.86 points per game) and 34-17 (27-21-3 ATS) overall. Los Angeles went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Milwaukee.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NBA Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Los Angeles Clippers
- LA Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Clippers' last 5 games.
- LA Clippers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- LA Clippers are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against Milwaukee.
- LA Clippers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Clippers' last 8 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee.
- LA Clippers are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of LA Clippers' last 14 games against an opponent in the Central Division division.
- LA Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in February.
- Milwaukee are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee's last 8 games against LA Clippers.
- Milwaukee are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee's last 8 games when playing at home against LA Clippers.
- Milwaukee are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee's last 5 games against an opponent in the Pacific Division division.
- Milwaukee are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in February.
- Milwaukee are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games played on a Thursday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- PGJohn Wall (Is out indefinitely, Abdominal)
- PFMarcus Morris (Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs Milwaukee, Ribs)
- PFSerge Ibaka (Is out indefinitely, Personal)
- PFGiannis Antetokounmpo (Is probable Thursday vs LA Clippers, Knee)
- PFBobby Portis (Is out indefinitely, Knee)
- SFMarjon Beauchamp (Is probable Thursday vs LA Clippers, Knee)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Bucks have a slightly better offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Clippers won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Clippers 113 to Bucks 121.
- PG John Wall Is out indefinitely, Abdominal
- PF Marcus Morris Is upgraded to probable Thursday vs Milwaukee, Ribs
- PF Serge Ibaka Is out indefinitely, Personal
- PF Giannis Antetokounmpo Is probable Thursday vs LA Clippers, Knee
- PF Bobby Portis Is out indefinitely, Knee
- SF Marjon Beauchamp Is probable Thursday vs LA Clippers, Knee
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the Los Angeles vs Milwaukee infographic for details.