Red Sox vs Diamondbacks Predictions & Best Bets
The Boston Red Sox are traveling to play the Arizona Diamondbacks at the Chase Field stadium on Saturday, 5/27/2023 @ 7:15pm EST. Garrett Whitlock (ERA: 6.19) will be the starting pitcher for Red Sox and Zach Davies (ERA: 5.79) will be starting for Diamondbacks. Boston is the betting favorite opening at -130 and the current line is Boston -110.
Red Sox vs Diamondbacks Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Red Sox to win tonight's game by 1 points and the total to go under 9 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Boston 5 to Arizona 4
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Boston Red Sox and Arizona Diamondbacks, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 50% of SportsJaw predicts Arizona Diamondbacks to win.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Boston will win straight-up is 52%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict Boston Red Sox to win and the total score to be 9.
- OddsShark predicts Boston will win and the total will go under.
- U: 6.5% picked Arizona Diamondbacks on Covers.com
Boston Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 18, Boston is ranked #4 in offense (scoring an average of 5.27 per game), #26 in defense (allowing an average of 5.04 points to be scored against them per game) and are 27-24 this season.
Arizona Key Betting Stats
Arizona Diamondbacks has a power ranking of 8 and are #6 for offense (scoring an average of 5.08 per game), #23 for defense (giving up an average of 4.88 points per game) and 29-22 overall. Boston went 1-2 in their last 3 matchups against Arizona.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as MLB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ + ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Boston Red Sox
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston's last 7 games.
- Boston are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- Boston are 12-3 SU in their last 15 games against Arizona.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston's last 8 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston's last 6 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Boston are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League West Division division.
- Boston are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games played in May.
- Arizona are 9-4 SU in their last 13 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona's last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Arizona's last 20 games against an opponent in the American League.
- Arizona are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the American League East Division division.
- Arizona are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games played in May.
Injuries[ + ]
- LFAdam Duvall (60-day IL (04/09), Wrist)
- SSAdalberto Mondesi (Is out indefinitely, Knee)
- SSTrevor Story (Is out indefinitely, Elbow)
- 3BChristian Arroyo (10-day IL (05/07), Hamstring)
- 3BRafael Devers (Is not in the starting lineup Saturday vs Arizona Diamondbacks, Rest)
- SSYu Chang (10-day IL (04/25), Wrist)
- RPJohn Schreiber (15-day IL (05/16), Shoulder)
- RPWyatt Mills (15-day IL (03/27), Elbow)
- SPGarrett Whitlock (15-day IL (04/25), Elbow)
- RPZack Kelly (60-day IL (04/13), Elbow)
- RPMark Melancon (15-day IL (03/27), Shoulder)
- SSNick Ahmed (Is not in the starting lineup Saturday vs Boston Red Sox, Rest)
- RPJoe Mantiply (15-day IL (05/09), Hamstring)
- CCarson Kelly (60-day IL (05/20), Forearm)
- SPCorbin Martin (60-day IL (03/30), Side)
- RPCole Sulser (60-day IL (04/09), Shoulder)
- RFKyle Lewis (10-day IL (04/08), Illness)
- CGabriel Moreno (Is upgraded to expected to be in the starting lineup Saturday vs Boston Red Sox, Teeth)
- CFDominic Fletcher (Is not in the starting lineup Saturday vs Boston Red Sox, Rest)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
Both teams have a compariable offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Red Sox won more over their last 3 matchups..