Connecticut Huskies vs NC State Wolfpack Recap for September 24th, 2022, 7:30PM ET
Connecticut is playing NC State at the Carter-Finley Stadium stadium on Saturday, 9/24/2022 @ 7:30pm EST. NC State -39 was the opening favorite and line hasn't moved.
On Saturday night, UConn will try to play a more competitive game against No. 12 NC State. Huskies are 39-point underdogs in this game after consecutive blowout losses to Syracuse and No. 4 Michigan. Over the first three weeks of the season, NC State has looked excellent, including last week's 27-14 victory over Texas Tech.
Connecticut Huskies +39 In its first game of the season, UConn easily covered the 24-point spread in a 31-20 loss to Utah State. In their second game, the Huskies beat Central Connecticut 28-3, but they have looked terrible ever since. Two weeks ago, they lost to Syracuse 48-14, and last week, they lost to Michigan 59-0. Running back Nate Carter sprained his shoulder in that game and will miss this game for UConn. To add depth to the running back position, head coach Jim Mora moved freshman Cam Edwards from defensive back to running back.
NC State Wolfpack -39 The Wolfpack have climbed to No. 12 in the polls thanks to their promising start this season. A gutsy road win at East Carolina was followed by a 55-3 victory over Charleston Southern at home. Last week, they beat Texas Tech 27-14, their best performance of the season so far. Next week, the team will face No. 5 Clemson in a huge road showdown. This season, NC State has relied primarily on its defense, ranking 86th in team offense.
Picks & predictions for Connecticut vs NC State:
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be UCONN 63.75, NCST -14.25.
- 55% of SportsJaw players predict NC State Wolfpack to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is North Carolina State will win, connecticut will cover, and the total will go over.
- 73% on Covers pick NC State -39.
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Huskies 12 to Wolfpack 42.
Connecticut is ranked #81 in offense, #114 in defense and are ( ATS) in their games. NC State Wolfpack are #49 for offense, #22 for defense and ( ATS) . Connecticut went 2-0 (0-1-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against NC State.
Betting on Connecticut Huskies +39
- 2-18 SU in their last 20 games.
- 0-9 SU in their last 9 games on the road.
- 0-7 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- 6-14 ATS in their last 20 games played in September.
Betting on NC State Wolfpack -39
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of North Carolina State's last 6 games.
- North Carolina State are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- North Carolina State are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of North Carolina State's last 5 games against an opponent in the Independents (FBS) conference.
Check out the rest of the Connecticut Huskies vs NC State Wolfpack matchup page for community picks & predictions and more.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAF Predictions