Navy Midshipmen vs East Carolina Pirates Recap for September 24th, 2022, 6:00PM ET
Navy is playing East Carolina at the Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium stadium on Saturday, 9/24/2022 @ 6:00pm EST. East Carolina -17 was the opening favorite and current line is East Carolina -16.5.
Navy Midshipmen +16.5 Having lost 37-13 to Memphis last time out, the Navy Midshipmen will be looking for their first win of the season. Maquel Haywood leads Navy's ground attack with 82 rushing yards this season, while Tai Lavatai has thrown for 234 yards and a touchdown on 40% passing. This season, Haywood has 77 receiving yards, which is a team high. With 22 total tackles and two sacks, John Marshall leads the team, while Jacob Busic has 2.5 sacks and Colin Ramos has 10 solo tackles.
East Carolina Pirates -16.5 After beating Campbell 49-10 last time out, the East Carolina Pirates will look to improve on their 2-1 record. Holton Ahlers has thrown for 800 yards, 7 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions, while Keaton Mitchell leads ECU's ground attack with 381 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns, and Rahjai Harris has 123 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns. Isaiah Winstead leads the team with 17 catches for 259 yards, while Jaylen Johnson and C.J. both have 100+ receiving yards this season. The Pirates' defense has three interceptions, 1.5 sacks from Shaundre Mims, and 19 total tackles from Juan Powell and Teagan Wilk. Powell has a team-high 13 solo tackles.
Picks & predictions for Navy vs East Carolina:
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be NAVY 41.25, E.CAR 8.25.
- 60% of SportsJaw players predict East Carolina Pirates to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is East Carolina will win, navy will cover, and the total will go under.
- 60% on Covers pick East Carolina -16.5.
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Midshipmen 13 to Pirates 34.
Navy is ranked #130 in offense, #74 in defense and are ( ATS) in their games. East Carolina Pirates are #84 for offense, #58 for defense and ( ATS) . Navy went 1-2 (0-3 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against East Carolina.
Betting on Navy Midshipmen +16.5
- 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Navy's last 10 games.
- 4-15 SU in their last 19 games.
- 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games against East Carolina.
Betting on East Carolina Pirates -16.5
- 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games.
- 6-2 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of East Carolina's last 9 games against Navy.
- 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home.
Check out the rest of the Navy Midshipmen vs East Carolina Pirates matchup page for community picks & predictions and more.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAF Predictions