West Virginia Mountaineers vs Virginia Tech Hokies Recap for September 22nd, 2022, 7:30PM ET
West Virginia is playing Virginia Tech at the Lane Stadium/Worsham Field stadium on Thursday, 9/22/2022 @ 7:30pm EST. West Virginia -3 was the opening favorite and line hasn't moved.
West Virginia Mountaineers -3 West Virginia has had a disappointing start to the season. As 7.5-point underdogs, the Mountaineers lost 38-31 to Pittsburgh on Thursday night in front of a nationally televised audience. Despite being two-touchdown favorites against Kansas in Week 2, they lost in overtime to the upstart Jayhawks. Last weekend, West Virginia thrashed Towson 65-7. Nine touchdowns and one field goal were scored by the Mountaineers on all 10 possessions.
Virginia Tech Hokies +3 As a 6-point favorite, Virginia Tech lost 20-17 to Old Dominion on the road this season. Following wins over Boston College and Wofford, the Hokies are wrapping up a three-game homestand. In their 27-10 win over the Golden Eagles, they were only 3-point favorites, but they were 38-point favorites in their 27-7 win over Wofford. In his last two games, Grant Wells has thrown three touchdowns and no interceptions after throwing four interceptions against Old Dominion. Last week, Wells threw for 314 yards against Wofford.
Picks & predictions for West Virginia vs Virginia Tech:
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be WESTV 23.5, VTECH 29.5.
- 55% of SportsJaw users predict West Virginia Mountaineers to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is Virginia Tech will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 51% of Covers.com community pick West Virginia -3.
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Mountaineers 26 to Hokies 32.
West Virginia is ranked #59 in offense, #122 in defense and are ( ATS) in their games. Virginia Tech Hokies are #109 for offense, #34 for defense and ( ATS) . West Virginia went 2-1 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Virginia Tech.
Betting on West Virginia Mountaineers -3
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of West Virginia's last 5 games.
- 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against Virginia Tech.
- 2-9 SU in their last 11 games on the road.
- 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Virginia Tech.
Betting on Virginia Tech Hokies +3
- 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Virginia Tech's last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Virginia Tech's last 7 games against West Virginia.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Virginia Tech's last 12 games at home.
Check out the rest of the West Virginia Mountaineers vs Virginia Tech Hokies matchup page for community picks & predictions and more.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAF Predictions