Rice vs Duquesne Predictions
The Rice Owls are on the road playing the Duquesne Dukes at the Ocean Center stadium on Sunday, 3/19/2023 @ 1:30pm EST. Duquesne is the betting favorite opening at -6 and the line hasn't moved.
Owls vs Dukes Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, the Scorecaster predicts Dukes to win today's game by 1 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts the Rice Owls to cover the 6 point spread and the total to go under 155.25 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Rice 71 to Duquesne 72
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Rice Owls and Duquesne Dukes, including recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- 51% of SportsJaw users predict Rice Owls to cover the spread.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Duquesne will win straight-up is 74%.
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be RICE 71.625, DUQU 83.625.
- OddsShark's prediction is Duquesne will win, cover the spread, and the total will go under.
- split down the middle on Covers.com
Rice Key Betting Stats
With a power ranking of 331, Rice is ranked #59 in offense (scoring an average of 76.81 per game), #337 in defense (allowing an average of 76.69 points to be scored against them per game) and are 17-15 (13-16 ATS) this season.
Offensively, the Owls hit an average of 47.06% of their field goals (ranked #44) and 73.92% of their free throws (ranked #96) and makes an average of 35.91% of their three pointers ranked #89 in the NCAAB). They average 34.41 rebounds per game (ranked # 212) and average 15.50 offensive assists and 13.00 turnovers per game (ranked # 34 and 241 respectively).
Defensively speaking, Rice allows an average of 46.76% field goals (ranked #331) and 70.06% free throws (ranked #102 in the NCAAB) The Owls allow an average of 36.67% of the three pointers (ranked #335) and averages 34.16 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 34.16) Finally, the Owls average 13.13 defensive assists and 11.63 turnovers per game (ranked # 215 and 265 respectively).
Duquesne Key Betting Stats
Duquesne Dukes has a power ranking of 185 and are #109 for offense (scoring an average of 74.81 per game), #204 for defense (giving up an average of 70.88 points per game) and 20-12 (17-15 ATS) overall. Rice went 2-0 (2-0 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Duquesne.
For offense, the Dukes hit an average of 43.77% of their field goals (ranked #231) and 68.81% of their free throws (ranked #290) and makes an average of 36.46% of their three pointers (ranked #63 in the NCAAB). They average 35.78 rebounds per game (ranked # 113) and average 15.22 offensive assists and 11.91 turnovers per game (ranked # 44) and 128 respectively).
On defense, Duquesne allows an average of 44.20% field goals (ranked #210) and 69.28% free throws (ranked #62 in the NCAAB) The Dukes allow an average of 35.33% of the three pointers (ranked #278) and averages 36.41 defensive rebounds per game (ranked # 36.41) Finally, the Dukes average 13.28 defensive assists and 14.50 turnovers per game (ranked # 223 and 59 respectively).
- Duquesne has the advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts the Rice Owls to cover the 6 point spread and the total to go under 155.25 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Rice are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Rice's last 12 games.
- Rice are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Rice are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic 10 conference.
- Rice are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in March.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Rice's last 8 games played on a Sunday.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Rice's last 9 games played on a Sunday when on the road.
- Duquesne are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Duquesne's last 6 games.
- Duquesne are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Duquesne's last 7 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Duquesne's last 7 games played in March.
- Duquesne are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games played on a Sunday.
- Duquesne are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games played on a Sunday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
- FAndy Barba (Is out indefinitely, Hand)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
Both teams have a compariable offense and the Dukes have a slightly better defense. The Dukes won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Owls 78 to Dukes 72.