Towson vs Hofstra Predictions
Towson is on the road playing Hofstra at the Mack Sports Complex stadium on Thursday, 2/2/2023 @ 7:00pm EST. Hofstra is the betting favorite opening at -3.5 and the line hasn't moved.
This Thursday night, Towson (16-7 SU, 8-2 CAA) takes on Hofstra (15-8 SU, 8-2 CAA) from Hempstead, New York in the CAA Game of the Night. Should Charleston lose at Drexel on the same night, they could tie 9-1 Charleston for second place in the CAA.
Embark on a streaking adventure!
After beating William & Mary 92-73 on Saturday at home, Towson has won six straight games. The senior forward recorded his second triple-double with 24 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists on 11-of-18 shooting. On 9-of-10 shooting, Charles Thompson scored 20 points, dished out four blocks and grabbed six rebounds. It was a season-high 92 points scored for the Tigers as they shot 52% from the field and 10-of-24 (42%) from long distance. On defense, Towson struggled, allowing the Tribe to shoot 49% from the field and 12-of-21 (57%) from beyond the arc.
The biggest win of the season
When Charleston faced Hofstra on Saturday, they were ranked 18th in the country and were 9-0. A mid-major league like the CAA rarely has that kind of success. When Hofstra stepped into TD Arena in South Carolina, the Cougars were a 9-point favorite. In all 40 minutes, Aaron Estrada scored 25 points, grabbed seven rebounds, and dished out six assists to lead the Pride over the Cougars 85-81. Hofstra made 11 of 22 three-pointers, and 50% of their field goals were made as well. Additionally, they limited Charleston to just 16% (5-31) three-point shooting.
The Pride is retaliating in this manner. The first meeting was Estrada's lowest scoring game of the season, a 0-for-10 shooting performance from 3-point range. It is a team that shoots 51% from the field at home, but Hofstra shoots just 33% from the field on the road. Their three-point percentage at home is 41%, while Towson has trouble defending it overall and on the road (35.4%). The intangibles and a strong home crowd will be helpful to the team from Long Island, which is looking to take over the top spot in the CAA.
Tigers vs Pride Prediction for Tonight's Game
Based on recent trends and stats, the Scorecaster predicts Pride to win tonight's game by 20 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts Pride to cover the 3.5 point spread and the total to go over 136.5 points.
PREDICTED SCORE: Towson 63 to Hofstra 83
Scorecaster algorithmic predictions factor in up-to-date player injuries for both the Towson Tigers and Hofstra Pride, plus recent team & player performances and defensive & offensive matchups from recent history.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be TOWSN 64.75, HOFST 71.75.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Hofstra will win straight-up is 65%.
- 51% of SportsJaw players predict Hofstra Pride to cover.
- OddsShark has not made a prediction yet.
- 52% picked Towson Tigers on Covers.com
With a power ranking of 9, Towson is ranked #247 in offense (scoring an average of 68.82 per game), #57 in defense (allowing an average of 64.55 points to be scored against them per game) and are 16-7 (12-11 ATS) this season.
Hofstra Pride has a power ranking of 41 and are #148 for offense (scoring an average of 73.18 per game), #152 for defense (giving up an average of 68.23 points per game) and 15-8 (13-9 ATS) overall. Towson went 0-3 (0-3 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Hofstra.
Towson Offensive Stats
- The Tigers are ranked #247 in offense scoring an average of 68.82 per game.
- The Tigers hit an average of 43.50% of their field goals (ranked #242 in the NCAAB) and 70.77% of their free throws (ranked #207 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Towson makes an average of 35.32% of their three pointers (ranked #117 in the NCAAB).
- Towson averages 36.45 rebounds per game (ranked # 119 in the NCAAB).
- The Tigers average 13.68 offensive assists and 12.18 turnovers per game (ranked # 143 and 121 respectively).
Hofstra Offensive Stats
- The Pride are ranked #247 in offense scoring an average of 68.82 per game.
- The Pride hit an average of 47.53% of their field goals (ranked #38 in the NCAAB) and 74.19% of their free throws (ranked #71 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Hofstra makes an average of 36.28% of their three pointers (ranked #72 in the NCAAB).
- Hofstra averages 32.55 rebounds per game (ranked # 300 in the NCAAB).
- The Pride average 13.95 offensive assists and 11.55 turnovers per game (ranked # 143 and 64 respectively).
Towson Defensive Stats
- The Tigers are ranked #247 in defense allowing an average of 68.82 points to be scored on them per game.
- The Tigers allow an average of 41.57% field goals (ranked #80 in the NCAAB) and 75.38% free throws (ranked #342 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Towson allows an average of 32.94% of the three pointers (ranked #157 in the NCAAB).
- Towson averages 31.86 rebounds per game (ranked # 31.86 in the NCAAB).
- The Tigers average 12.50 defensive assists and 12.18 turnovers per game (ranked # 174 and 257 respectively).
Hofstra Defensive Stats
- The Pride are ranked #247 in defense allowing an average of 68.82 points to be scored on them per game.
- The Pride allow an average of 42.02% field goals (ranked #111 in the NCAAB) and 67.65% of the free throws (ranked #48 in the NCAAB) per game.
- Hofstra allows an average of 32.79% of their three pointers (ranked #145 in the NCAAB).
- Hofstra averages 36.55 rebounds per game (ranked # 36.55 in the NCAAB).
- The Pride average 13.27 defensive assists and 12.68 turnovers per game (ranked # 174 and 213 respectively).
- Pride has a slight advantage in regards to ball control (factoring in rebounds and turnovers).
- The Scorecaster model predicts Pride to cover the 3.5 point spread and the total to go over 136.5 points.
- For the best predictions available, make sure to checkout the best bets made by our certified NCAAB experts.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Towson are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Towson are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games.
- Towson are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against Hofstra.
- Towson are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against Hofstra.
- Towson are 14-5 SU in their last 19 games on the road.
- Towson are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games when playing on the road against Hofstra.
- Towson are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Colonial Athletic conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Towson's last 5 games played in February.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Towson's last 12 games played on a Thursday.
- Hofstra are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games.
- Hofstra are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Hofstra's last 18 games against Towson.
- Hofstra are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- Hofstra are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games when playing at home against Towson.
- Hofstra are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Colonial Athletic conference.
- Hofstra are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played in February.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Hofstra's last 8 games played on a Thursday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- FChase Paar (Is "?" Thursday vs Hofstra, Undisclosed)
- GJason Gibson (Is out indefinitely, Back)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Pride have a slightly better offense and the Tigers have a slightly better defense. The Tigers won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Tigers 70 to Pride 69.
- F Chase Paar Is "?" Thursday vs Hofstra, Undisclosed
- G Jason Gibson Is out indefinitely, Back