Texas Tech vs LSU Prediction, Odds and Best Bets
Texas Tech is on the road playing LSU at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 2:00pm EST. Texas Tech -1.5 was the opening favorite and current line is Texas Tech -2.5.
RED RAIDERS PREVIEW:
Today's game against LSU will be crucial for Texas Tech to snap its current 8-game losing streak. On the road, the Red Raiders have a 1-5 record. In 14 games this season, Texas Tech has been favored to win, standing at 10-4. There is a betting line set at -2.5 points in Texas Tech's favor for today's game. The Red Raiders' leading scorer, Kevin Obanor, averaged 15.0 points per game entering today's game. In addition to scoring, Obanor is also Texas Tech's top rebounder with 6.35 boards per game. The team has benefited from the strong play of De'Vion Harmon, who leads the team in scoring with 12.2 points per game. On average, he hits 45.4% of his shots and adds 2.65 boards per game.
PREVIEW OF THE TIGERS:
Today's game vs Texas Tech will be a crucial opportunity for LSU to snap its current 7-game losing streak. Tigers have played at home 13 times, recording a 10-3 record. Tigers have gone 2-8 straight up as underdogs so far. On the spread, they are the +2.5 underdogs in today's game. The Tigers' leading scorer, KJ Williams, averaged 17.35 points per game entering today's game. With 7.3 rebounds per game, Williams has been LSU's top rebounder in addition to contributing to their scoring efforts. In addition to Williams, the team has benefited from the strong play of Adam Miller, who is second on the team in scoring with 11.7 points per game. His overall shooting percentage is 34.4%, and he averages 2.1 boards per game.
Oddmakers have the Texas Tech Red Raiders as -2.5 point favorites over the LSU Tigers heading into this matchup. The Red Raiders' defensive effort will lead them to victory despite the tough road matchup. In terms of getting a bet down on the spread, we see LSU struggling with their outside shot, which has been a trend all season. Despite not lighting it up from downtown, we project Texas Tech to put together a solid offensive performance. Our recommendation is to take Texas Tech to the point today.
Texas Tech Highlights
With a power ranking of 325, Texas Tech is ranked #104 in offense (scoring an average of 75.16 per game), #102 in defense (allowing an average of 66.47 points to be scored against them per game) and are 10-10 (6-13-1 ATS) this season.
LSU Tigers has a power ranking of 339 and are #309 for offense (scoring an average of 66.50 per game), #125 for defense (giving up an average of 66.47 points per game) and 12-8 (6-14 ATS) overall. Texas Tech went 1-2 (1-2 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against LSU.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be TEXTK 64.25, LSU 69.25.
- The SportsJaw community predicts Texas Tech Red Raiders to cover (54%)
- OddsShark predicts Texas Tech will win, cover the spread, and the total will go over.
- 58% picked Texas Tech Red Raiders on Covers.com
- Our ScoreCaster predicts Red Raiders 78 to Tigers 72.
Our prediction: Red Raiders 78 to Tigers 72.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
Texas Tech Red Raiders
- Texas Tech are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Texas Tech's last 15 games.
- Texas Tech are 0-8 SU in their last 8 games.
- Texas Tech are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas Tech's last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Texas Tech are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games played in January.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas Tech's last 5 games played on a Saturday.
- LSU are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LSU's last 6 games.
- LSU are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games.
- LSU are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games at home.
- LSU are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- LSU are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played in January.
- LSU are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- FFardaws Aimaq (Is OUT Saturday vs LSU, Foot)
- GPop Isaacs (Is OUT Saturday vs LSU, Ankle)
- GJustice Hill (Is upgraded to probable, Personal)
- FMwani Wilkinson (Is out for season, Shoulder)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The under has been the pick for LSU this season as the under is 12-7-1 for them on the year. That is not hard to believe because LSU plays at a slow pace, ranking No. 260 in tempo, and has a top 100 defense but a 177th ranked offense, in terms of efficiency. They face a Texas Tech defense that ranks 50th in the country in defensive efficiency. LSU averages about 71 points per game but I don't see them hitting that number against Tech's D. I see this as a game that will be played in the 60s, given the defensive strength of both squads. Also, the under is 3-1-1 in the Tigers last 5 home games and 3-0-1 in the Red Raiders last 4 Saturday games. Take the under.
The Red Raiders have a stronger offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Red Raiders won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Red Raiders 76 to Tigers 67.
Texas Tech Injuries
- F Fardaws Aimaq Is OUT Saturday vs LSU, Foot
- G Pop Isaacs Is OUT Saturday vs LSU, Ankle
- G Justice Hill Is upgraded to probable, Personal
- F Mwani Wilkinson Is out for season, Shoulder
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 75% confidence Red Raiders will cover the spread - view the Texas Tech vs LSU infographic for details on this prediction.