Harvard vs Penn Prediction, Odds and Best Bets
Harvard is on the road playing Penn at the Palestra stadium on Saturday, 1/28/2023 @ 2:00pm EST. Penn -3 was the opening favorite and current line is Penn -3.5.
With 20 games played and an overall record of 12-8, Harvard comes into this matchup in reasonable shape. This will be the Crimson's 11th road game of the year, having won 7-4 so far. It has been a 3-6 record for the Crimson when they have been underdogs so far. They are +3.5 underdogs heading into today's matchup. The Crimson's leading scorer Chris Ledlum, who averages 19.1 points per game, will be expected to deliver another strong performance. Besides scoring on the perimeter, Ledlum plays a crucial role for the team. He has made the most 3-point shots so far for the team. Silverstein has also been instrumental to the Crimson's offensive game plan, hitting 45.9% of his field goal attempts on his way to averaging 7.95 points per game.
The Penn Quakers have a 10-11 overall record after 21 games. With a record of 5-4 so far this season, Penn has played nine home games. At the time of publication of this article, oddsmakers listed the Quakers as a -3.5 point favorite. In 11 straight games, the Quakers have been favored.
As the team's leading scorer, Jordan Dingle averages 23.58 points per game for the Quakers. Additionally, Dingle contributes to the team's perimeter scoring ability. As of now, he leads the team in 3-point shots made. As part of the Quakers' offensive game plan, Clark Slajchert has made 45.0% of his field goal attempts, averaging 14.94 points per game.
Shooting from 3-point range will be key in this matchup. Harvard and Penn both average 8.5 made 3's per game coming into the game, respectively. As for the odds, we like the Harvard Crimson to cover as +3.5 point favorites. Penn should have difficulty closing out on the Quakers' outside shooters with their defense. We think Harvard has a reasonable chance of covering the spread as an underdog at +3.5.
With a power ranking of 76, Harvard is ranked #280 in offense (scoring an average of 67.90 per game), #63 in defense (allowing an average of 64.65 points to be scored against them per game) and are 12-8 (11-8 ATS) this season.
Penn Quakers has a power ranking of 85 and are #151 for offense (scoring an average of 73.00 per game), #269 for defense (giving up an average of 64.65 points per game) and 10-11 (10-8-2 ATS) overall. Harvard went 2-1 (3-0 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Penn.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- Based on the current lines, Oddsmakers predict the score to be HARVD 71, PENN 64.
- 51% of SportsJaw players predict Penn Quakers to cover.
- OddsShark's prediction is Pennsylvania will win, cover the spread.
- 67% picked Harvard Crimson on Covers.com
- SportsJaw's ScoreCaster prediction: Crimson 0 to Quakers 0.
Our prediction: Crimson 0 to Quakers 0.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NCAAB Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
- Harvard are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Harvard's last 15 games.
- Harvard are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against Pennsylvania.
- Harvard are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Harvard's last 5 games when playing on the road against Pennsylvania.
- Harvard are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Ivy League conference.
- Harvard are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games played on a Saturday.
- Harvard are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games played on a Saturday when playing on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pennsylvania's last 5 games.
- Pennsylvania are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Pennsylvania's last 11 games against Harvard.
- Pennsylvania are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pennsylvania's last 5 games when playing at home against Harvard.
- Pennsylvania are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Ivy League conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pennsylvania's last 6 games played in January.
- Pennsylvania are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games played on a Saturday.
- Pennsylvania are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- There are no injuries listed at this time
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
The Quakers have a slightly better offense and the Crimson have a stronger defense. The Quakers won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Crimson 68 to Quakers 72.
After crunching 8 relative data points, our relative predictions model has a 63% confidence Quakers will cover the spread - view the Harvard vs Penn infographic for details on this prediction.