Pelicans vs Mavericks Predictions & Best Bets
New Orleans is on the road playing Dallas at the American Airlines Center stadium on Thursday, 2/2/2023 @ 8:30pm EST. Dallas is the betting favorite opening at and the current line is Dallas -4.5.
New Orleans Team Statistics
This season, New Orleans is 26-26 in win-loss record. The team averages 115.0 points per game (12th in basketball) while shooting 47.7% from the field. As a team, the Pelicans are shooting 35.6% from 3-point range (570 of 1,601) and 77.9% from the free throw line. The New Orleans Pelicans average 44.1 rebounds per game and have tallied 1,342 assists this year, ranking them 8th in passing percentage. The team turns the ball over 15.2 times per contest and commits 20.6 personal fouls per game.
The Pelicans force 15.5 turnovers a night while drawing 20.7 personal fouls when they are on defense. As a team, they allow 34.4% of three-pointers and rank 15th in the league in points allowed per game (113.7). The Pelicans defense is allowing a FG percentage on 47.5% (2,161 of 4,551) and they relinquish 42.2 rebounds per game as a squad. With 1,312 assists conceded to the opposition this season, they are 19th in basketball
With a power ranking of 6, New Orleans is ranked #12 in offense (scoring an average of 114.96 per game), #15 in defense (allowing an average of 113.65 points to be scored against them per game) and are 26-26 (24-28 ATS) this season.
Dallas Team Statistics
On the season, Dallas is 27-25. Every game, the Mavericks commit 20.9 fouls while shooting 74.2% from the free throw line. The team earns an assist 22.0 times per game (30th in the league) and loses possession 12.3 times per game. The Dallas Mavericks have accumulated 5,842 points (112.3 per game) and average 38.6 boards per game. The Mavericks rank 17th in the league when it comes to offensive execution, connecting on 47.1% of their shots.
With 112.0 PPG surrendered, the Mavericks rank 8th in basketball. The team forces 13.6 turnovers per game and allows teams to shoot 47.9% from the field (24th in basketball). The Dallas defense allows 35.7% on three-pointers (585 of 1,637) and their opponents make 78.0% of their free throws. On a nightly basis, they surrender 24.0 assists and 44.0 rebounds, which ranks 8th and 20th respectively.
Dallas Mavericks has a power ranking of 12 and are #24 for offense (scoring an average of 112.35 per game), #8 for defense (giving up an average of 111.96 points per game) and 27-25 (17-33-2 ATS) overall. New Orleans went 2-1 (2-1 ATS) in their last 3 matchups against Dallas.
Curated Picks & Predictions
- From the lines set by Sportsbooks, they predict the score to be NOP 117.5, DAL 108.5.
- Based on the moneyline, the implied probability that Dallas will win straight-up is 66%.
- 53% of SportsJaw predicts Dallas Mavericks to cover.
- OddsShark has not made a prediction yet.
- 62% picked Dallas Mavericks on Covers.com
Pelicans vs Mavericks Prediction for Today's Game
Based on recent trends and head to head stats, Mavericks the Scorecaster predicts Mavericks to win tonight's game by 9 points. This model factors in recent against the spread (ATS) trends and scoring which predicts Mavericks to cover the 4.5 point spread and the total to go and the total to go over 226 points.
Staff Pick DAL ATS (-4.5)
The Pelicans come into this one on a cold streak having lost their last 9 games. The injuries to Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram have proved to be extremely costly. The Mavericks come into this one 5th in the Western Conference and have won 2 of their last 3 games. Luka Doncic is coming off a 53-point performance in the Mavericks win over the Pistons last game out. The Pelicans have been ice cold and I don't see them stopping Luka. Take Dallas to win and cover the 4.5 points.
Written by SportsJaw Staff
Categorized as NBA Predictions
Current Odds[ - ]
Track your picks and showcase your betting acumen.
Power Rankings[ - ]
Last 10 Games Stats[ + ]
Betting Trends[ + ]
New Orleans Pelicans
- New Orleans are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New Orleans' last 6 games.
- New Orleans are 0-9 SU in their last 9 games.
- New Orleans are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against Dallas.
- New Orleans are 3-10 SU in their last 13 games against Dallas.
- New Orleans are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- New Orleans are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Dallas.
- New Orleans are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- New Orleans are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Southwest Division division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of New Orleans' last 12 games played in February.
- Dallas are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas' last 6 games.
- Dallas are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas' last 5 games against New Orleans.
- Dallas are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home.
- Dallas are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against New Orleans.
- Dallas are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- Dallas are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Southwest Division division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Dallas' last 14 games played in February.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Dallas' last 9 games played on a Thursday when at home.
Injuries[ - ]
- PFZion Williamson (Is out indefinitely, Hamstring)
- PFE.J. Liddell (Is out indefinitely, Knee)
- SFDyson Daniels (Is out indefinitely, Ankle)
- PFChristian Wood (Is out indefinitely, Thumb)
- PFMaxi Kleber (Is out indefinitely, Hamstring)
Infographics & Predictions[ - ]
Both teams have a compariable offense and both teams have a compariable defense. The Mavericks won more games straight up and against the spread over their last 3 matchups. Adjusted score predictions based on power rankings and strength of schedule: Pelicans 110 to Mavericks 118.
- PF Zion Williamson Is out indefinitely, Hamstring
- PF E.J. Liddell Is out indefinitely, Knee
- SF Dyson Daniels Is out indefinitely, Ankle
- PF Christian Wood Is out indefinitely, Thumb
- PF Maxi Kleber Is out indefinitely, Hamstring
After crunching 8 data points, our relative predictions model has elected to not make a prediction on this game - view the New Orleans vs Dallas infographic for details.